Honda response to paint issue - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Honda response to paint issue

So what does everyone else have to do to make their paint look eligible for the new parts?? What is Honda's criteria? I would hate to let mine get all crappy looking, and then I get denied new plastics.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

The first thing to do is call or write Honda with the complaint. I did both. Take it to a dealer and have them document it as well. For that step you need to actually have a problem. If you don't have a problem, do nothing as it will only serve to screw those of us with legitimate complaints. Frankly, if you don't have a problem just wait until you do, because I believe you will.

When they call back to have you take it back to the dealer I would and will wash mine well so everything shows up and probably remove the wax with a quality wax and grease remover like Prep-Solv or 3m 03618. Certainly don't use a product that will damage the paint, but no need to have $150 or more of aftermarket cover up products muddying the waters as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    The first thing to do is call or write Honda with the complaint. I did both. Take it to a dealer and have them document it as well. For that step you need to actually have a problem. If you don't have a problem, do nothing as it will only serve to screw those of us with legitimate complaints. Frankly, if you don't have a problem just wait until you do, because I believe you will.

When they call back to have you take it back to the dealer I would and will wash mine well so everything shows up and probably remove the wax with a quality wax and grease remover like Prep-Solv or 3m 03618. Certainly don't use a product that will damage the paint, but no need to have $150 or more of aftermarket cover up products muddying the waters as I do.

This is exactly what I did before my photo shoot, washed the bike three times with dawn dishwashing soap, stripped off all the wax and exposed the true finish.......Yuck!

I was one of the first to call honda. And the dealership didnt do shit for me. Guess I'll have to call again.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

I'm gonna back off since I seem to have found a solution to make mine look good. I never took mine in for photos and it won't be good for others if I take it in there all shiny.

You didn't fix the problem, the root cause is still there, it'll get all messed up again.

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    I was one of the first to call honda. And the dealership didnt do shit for me. Guess I'll have to call again.
    Same thing from my dealer.Been there twice and there response is until Honda does something there is nothing they can do.Amazing that some here are getting new panels and others are being treated the way we are.I will just wait it out and see if there is a major recall on the paint as I see the 12 and 13 Goldwings are having the same paint issues.But I expect a new paint job on my dime will be in the distant future.Hope I am wrong but not holding my breath

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Same thing from my dealer.Been there twice and there response is until Honda does something there is nothing they can do.Amazing that some here are getting new panels and others are being treated the way we are.I will just wait it out and see if there is a major recall on the paint as I see the 12 and 13 Goldwings are having the same paint issues.But I expect a new paint job on my dime will be in the distant future.Hope I am wrong but not holding my breath
    Yep. If it takes a bunch of bitching and calls and trips to the dealer, I'm prolly SOL. I don't have the time or patience. If I can make mine look nice with some of the cheap products others are using, I will. If I wear thru the paint, then I will have a obvious warranty issue they won't be able to ignore. My name is in Honda's database from the beginning.

Good thing I really like this bike otherwise...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Well the IMPORTANT step is if you believe you have an issue, take the bike to the purchasing dealer and have them document a warranty claim, aka get it in the computer. Even if Honda is still batting around solutions you want to be sure your end is documented. Now when I say documented make sure the dealer puts the claim in the computer AND MOST IMPORTANT prints a copy of the claim for your records.
    Yes I've been down the dealer not documenting road before, so get a hard copy for your records.

I think writing helps. I wrote, took the bike in and called.

I think businesses take written letters more seriously because its just so easy to call or email.

They had a demonstrator there at the dealer for test rides. Paint was all jacked up.