Honda response to paint issue - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Honda response to paint issue

Angry Paint issues F6B Rocket247 Australia

Basically the paint system that has been used on the F6B is sub standard, I also have owned a Honda Accord Euro for two years, and the paint job is still like the day I bought it .If I get a mark on it, I can polish it off with a scratch removal polish. Not so my bike, I get rid of the scratch but have black paint on the cloth, there is no clear hard finish just paint pigmentation .
    Come on Honda, do the right thing and replace Under Warranty all our painted black surfaces with Dual Pack Epoxy Painted panels .

Apart from the paint job, I love the F6B

Rocket 247

I was just polishing up my bike for the weekend.

IT LOOKED BETTER DIRTY!

I learned to just blow the dust off. And any bugs that accumulate on my front side, I just put black paint on them. I'm afraid to wash them off.

Pledge dissolves bugs on windshields, so does Meguiars Quick Detailer.
    With four coats of Meguiars Carnauba wax there is precious little that will ever get to the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by 4DI2D View Post
    Pledge dissolves bugs on windshields, so does Meguiars Quick Detailer.
    With four coats of Meguiars Carnauba wax there is precious little that will ever get to the paint.
    That also seems to be the case in caring for my Black paint finish -

Multiple coats of Black Box carnauba wax followed by clear coat application (Maxima Brand - SC1 Detailer Clear Coat) and maintained with same.
    Paint looks good and does not rub off or leave pigment on rags.
    But this black does show every mark, swirl, reflection, ect...

Good luck with your adjustment,

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

F6B paint - black

I switched from HD for the last 10 years to Honda. I still love how the bike rides. Am very sad at how Honda delivers regarding the paint finish. Nothing more to be said.

Partiction on paint issue

Quote Originally Posted by erazor55 View Post
    I switched from HD for the last 10 years to Honda. I still love how the bike rides. Am very sad at how Honda delivers regarding the paint finish. Nothing more to be said.
    There are obviously enough of us around the globe that are having the same problem with paint finish on the F6B. Why can't we generate a patrician and circulate it around, get as many signatures as we can and forward it to Honda and the Media at the same time. $ 25.000 plus for a motorcycle is a lot to pay for a sub standard paint finish. If we don't rattle the chain hard enough, this issue with the paint will die of longevity

Cheers Rocket 247 Australia

Hate to be a party pooper but you will have to get in line behind the Honda car folks, they have been complaining about paint for a very long time. Google it, here's an example:

The Honda paint class action lawsuit is brought on behalf of all California and New York owners of a model year 2003-2007 Honda vehicles. It is seeking actual damages and losses sustained by Class Members and other relief for breach of express warranty, breach of implied warranty of merchantability, and violation of California’s unfair competition law.

Honda paint quality

Quote Originally Posted by Wawazz View Post
    As one who was planning to buy this bike, I'm now waiting until I hear the paint issue is resolved. I've owned 2 Harleys, 2 Hondas (incl an '83 Goldwing 1100 - sweet machine!) and a Yamaha, and this is the first time I've ever even heard of "soft" paint. There's just no excuse for something like that. I hope when they fix that they add the cruise control and ABS. Hell, even the '83 had cruise control!
    I'm also looking into getting a F6B at some point and will wait now until I hear better things on their paint quality. I'll tell you one thing the paint on their cars suck as well. My Honda accord looks like hell with the clear coat coming off. I see a lot of Honda cars on the road looking the same way.

I just left my dealer and they are absolutely no help on this matter. They are apparently only interested in selling rather than servicing. It has been a never ending saga since last summer. When I bought mine, there were several imperfections in the bag lids over and above the micro scratches everywhere and I took it back a few days later. The dealer had the gall to initially state I scratched it up by using the wrong type of towels or rags during a wash. That argument quickly lost momentum when I advised only a microfiber mitt and toweling had been used. They took the bike into their shop and attempted to "buff out" the other imperfections and made an absolute mess of the lid creating a swath of scratches across the top of the whole lid. After some discussion they advised they would order a new lid on their dime to make things right. The new lid arrived last October and was a scratched up mess right out of the box. They then decided they would send it to their painter and just have him paint it correctly.

Well, after three months and no word I decided to take a trip to their store today and ask about the status of my lid. They produced a lid that was full of crap in the paint and acted like I should be happy with the final product. At this point I had had enough and told them I wanted a warranty claim filed immediately to document my issues along with a copy of the filing. They responded that there was nothing they could do about the rest of the bike and would send the lid back to the local painter to be repainted again. I've been patient with them thus far but have reached the end of my proverbial rope.

When/if they call me back in to pick up the repainted lid I will again demand they enter a claim on the paint issues I have experienced. I guess I will be contacting Mother Honda directly to convey my dissatisfaction. Anyway, that's my story and sorry for the rant.