Honda response to paint issue - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Honda response to paint issue

Hey Hoglaw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    I found some signs of conspiracy among Honda Mother and her dealers . Since I also noticed swirls and paint imperfections on my black 13 B + reading all stated above comments , I decided to call Customer Dept. , asking for their response . Similarly to many silly answers , they "suggested" to refer the issues to the dealer , who "should make final decision". After presenting my issues to the local one , dealer got upset I've even mentioned , what in his opinion is my "only imagination followed by other Forum complainers". Riding 55 more miles to another Honda dealer to confirm my dissatisfaction , their service manager didn't even look or try to examine my bike . He only said : "We know that , but it is , what it is and you should live with it" .

I believe , we CAN NOT leave this issue to our own vast improvements / costly re-paintings , or dismayed acceptance of the problem . I suggest to provide official letter , signed by ALL OF US and eventually enforce Honda Company to satisfy our basic demands . Until warranty conditions and time are on our side , the only strong and collective determination should review their arrogant position .

Is anybody there , who posses some judicial knowledge and is able to create properly designed complain , which can start this process ? We need everybody's involvement , so should expect some real effects , benefitting our desires to be fully satisfied . Do I ask to much ?
    Good luck with all that.Short of getting some of those blood suckers-Lawyers who will cost $'s to even start a lawsuit what will Honda do-give us new panels with the crap paint process they are still using?Many of us have spent a lot of hours at our dealers and on the phone,written letters to Mother Honda with nothing done.They at the top along with there dealers feel there is no problem.So short of a custom repaint many use a product like Liquid Glass and it makes my Black look pretty decent.Plus the Tech Spec tank protectors helped with my legs rubbing against the top shelter.I for one have learned to live with it as I love everything else about the bike way too much to get rid of her over paint.Life's short go for a ride

Let me stir the pot a little. I am not trying to downplay anybody's complaints, but this was all the rage on the Victory boards, too. The Vics have clear coat but it is very soft and shows every scuff mark each time it is bumped. Like Honda, Polaris would not budge. Many of the Cross Country Tour models were well in the mid 20's on price and along with the clunk in the tranny going into first, it was a serious sore spot with the owners. At the end of the day--or maybe better said would be "at the end of the ride", you look at the complete package. Other than the paint, what other true issues are there on the B? Are you really gonna trade or not buy a B simply because of the paint? What is your better option????? Star Roadliner??? Vulcan??? Triumph Rocket 3????? Take HD for example---best paint on the highway!!!! But what else do you give up to get the killer paint? See link below:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5219-The-hard-way

Most Wing and B guys are not "Peacocks"---they buy the bike to ride. Now don't get me wrong-- I love to Peacock as much as the next guy--but I am tickled with my bike, sorry paint and all. What I really wanted was the House Of Russleville Stealth, but I can easily live with the slow red. At the end of the ride, I am still happy.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you for icing my head . So - it is not only Honda's way (?) . If another companies having similar attitudes , it looks to me , like a globally adjusted "system taking short cuts" to generate most money from the minimum investments .

No - this problem will not discourage me at all and I'm going to keep my B . If protective waxing , glassing will not make any difference , I'll trade her for signature-ized in Russellville bike , or simply re-paint locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Thank you for icing my head . So - it is not only Honda's way (?) . If another companies having similar attitudes , it looks to me , like a globally adjusted "system taking short cuts" to generate most money from the minimum investments .

No - this problem will not discourage me at all and I'm going to keep my B . If protective waxing , glassing will not make any difference , I'll trade her for signature-ized in Russellville bike , or simply re-paint locally.
    Not just Honda: Now tell me about your complaints

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=120289

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthr...ighlight=paint

http://www.thevog.net/threads/fuel-p...problem.55532/

This is a HORROR , which people accepted already and knowingly decided to live with it .
    Sadly , we are affected by greedy globalization up to the point , that is no way out .
    Illusional quality disappearing fast and search for improvement became grotesque .

The crazy thing about all of this is that Victory makes an excellent motorcycle. I had over 20,000 miles without a mechanical issue and that is not unusual. There are some GREAT dealers out there--and some that are not--and Polaris don't appear to give a rats rectum about what the public thinks. I could go on and on.

My singular issue came over a nail in my rear tire. Pulled the nail and plugged it with a sheet metal screw and rode it 82 miles --one way-- to have a tire installed. Had my wife follow and then drive me back the next day. The belt on a Vic has to be adjusted after sitting overnight because of the alumumnm frame that expands with engine heat and must cool down overnight to get a proper adjustment. At the time I did not have a belt adjustment tool. Three days before going to Myrtle Beach the 2 closest dealers do not stock tires--1 week wait to get them. So I buy a tire from the local Honda dealer and take it to them and they have no interest in putting it on since I did not purchase the tire from them--Remember--they did not have one and would take a week to get and I was leaving for MB in 3 days. Victory is a bike that is succeeding in spite of the company that makes it and the dealers that service it.

Yep fellas---the paint on my Honda ain't that bad at all!

Oh--by the way---I now have a belt tension tool that I will probably never use again since the B has shaft drive---if somebody needs a deal.

Attachment 14729
    this is what I deal with every time I wax my bike I have tried liquid glass over 10 coats and I still get this every time I talked to the dealer I got it from and they said they where waiting to hear back from there rep and I called today and the guy I was dealing with quit so now I get to start all over

Wow I have a red 2013 and mine isn't 1/20 that bad. I put LG on it day 1 and have been happy since. In fact, I put a coat on this past weekend and I can still comb my hair in its reflection. oh I had nothing red on my cloth!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt