Why do you think... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do you think...

Quote Originally Posted by The Highwayman View Post
    But with our climate and roads, many of us operate motorcycles in less than ideal conditions for much of our riding. We don't enjoy the sunny climate and flawless pavement of LA.
    Which makes you wonder why in the world heated grips are not standard in Canada as well.

I call BS on Honda's part....they call it a $1K option and I call it a $250 add on..... I think the biggest reason is that a lot of slow thinking Americans don't want it or the magic it brings..." we can stop better w/o it, we are better than a machine"
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I call BS on Honda's part....they call it a $1K option and I call it a $250 add on..... I think the biggest reason is that a lot of slow thinking Americans don't want it or the magic it brings..." we can stop better w/o it, we are better than a machine"
    How often do you think linked breaking would be enough on it's own though? Would ABS ever come into play in a useful way? Seems like ABS on the F6B might be a little like when we used to hide under our desks at school in case of a nuclear attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I guess I was one of those "slow thinking Americans" because I used to think I could brake better than ABS, or at least, just as well. Then, I watched a BMW demo at the Daytona Bike Week one year and realized the full potential of ABS. So, definitely, I would love to have ABS on the "6".
    Ken (Hornblower)

It is baffling that ABS and cruise control are not options on the F6b. I'd gladly extra pay for the cruise and probably ABS too. Center-stand, heated grips and self cancelling turn signals on the other hand aren't high on my list. Honda should just offer a base F6b with various options so folks can buy what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I guess I was one of those "slow thinking Americans" because I used to think I could brake better than ABS, or at least, just as well. Then, I watched a BMW demo at the Daytona Bike Week one year and realized the full potential of ABS. So, definitely, I would love to have ABS on the "6".
    +1. ABS has been proven in both automotive and two wheeled applications. I wouldn't be surprised if ABS becomes standard [if not by law, by manufacturers "standard"] on most models by the late 2020's because of the increased demand from riders and insurance companies.

I would pay for both ABS and cruise if they were available as factory options.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnetonkaMike View Post
    +1. ABS has been proven in both automotive and two wheeled applications. I wouldn't be surprised if ABS becomes standard [if not by law, by manufacturers "standard"] on most models by the late 2020's because of the increased demand from riders and insurance companies.

I would pay for both ABS and cruise if they were available as factory options.
    COMPLETELY. It is really outrageous that Honda didn't offer ABS as an option on this bike (and in fact that it isn't standard equipment on a $20K bike in the first place!).

shooter
    I agree with Opas. With the system on the B I don't see the need. I've only been riding Honda's since 69 so I probably don't know what I'm talking about. Then again I don't like ABS on automobiles either. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. I think ABS is for non-drivers. In other words people that aren't good at it. It's ok if you aren't a good driver and you need ABS. I just don't want it pushed on me. ABS equipped vehicles should have an ON-OFF switch. I'm an ASE Certified Master Tech so I deal with problems on these systems regularly. Just for me I don't feel the need.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I's take it if it was free. Wouldn't if I had to pay.

I tend to look at ABS a bit like Airbags in a car. They do absolutely nothing 99.99% of the time, but are an extra bit of back up for that .1% when you just might need it.