ISO Grips

Thread: ISO Grips

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The black ISO grips I ordered were the 6383 model from Kuryakyn (for heated grips) but when I eventually bought my bike, it came without heated grips. Having thought about it, this could well be the answer.

Mercury,

I believe i can help you here as i too quickly experienced the same problem. On the throttle side there is a bolt that you install in the bar end. This bolt is being set to tightly, loosen it up a nudge, your problem should be fixed.

On the other hand, glad you were smarter than I when it came to the factory grips... I attempted removal. I had never seen the kind that fit over the top of the factory grip. Needless to say i need to replace a heater element now...

Removing non heated grips is not a problem. The OEM rubber grips are glued in but easily removed. On bikes with heated grips, I guess if you were to remove the OEM rubber grips, you may risk destroying the heating elements.

For the RHS grips, I ended up discarding the OEM rubber grip, add a thin layer of insulation tubing, clamp on the ISO Grips - done. The return action of the throttle became back to normal due to less gripping pressure on the handle.