What am I missing? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Memphian View Post
    Teach enjoy your new ride. Keep me updated on the comfort while ridng and if your hip starts to bother you on your rides. As I stated before I have back problems that cause my hips to hurt but so far my F6B has not effected my riding. I can only ride about 500 miles in a day...thats my limit no matter what bike I ride. I believe you will be able to get all the miles you want on the F6B.
    Congrats and enjoy!

Memphian & Teach, as I have stated before, but apparently not enough to make a point of it, the Russell Day-Long saddle is also excellent for people with bad backs and bad hips.

www.day-long.com

I have known many riders over the past 43 years that have gone to a Russell seat, because of their back backs or hips. People with fused discs, compressed discs, etc. can now enjoy riding again, because of the internal suspension support su0ystem built INTO the Russell seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Beagle View Post
    "use the money you saved for a new hip!!!"

I literally spit my drink on my keyboard.

-CR

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Well I bought it so we'll see what all the hype is about, lol.... Thanks for the feedback guys.
    Great News Teach!!!! You are going to love it!!!!
    Now get out there and ride the hell out of it pain free!!!!

Beagle

Miles, Yep had a Russell on the RT, they make great seats. So far the stock seems fine but I'll know better after a few days of my normal riding (couple hundred to 8). I'll likely send the stocker out for rebuild over the long winter here regardless.

Memphian, Thanks and I will keep you updated. I'm a 70% DAV for a back injury so hip, leg, back pain and burning are pretty normal. This latest hip pain riding the RT was WAY up in the pain department to have gotten my attention. Did 105 miles this evening and felt fine after. I'll be heading to MO for a few days, heading out in the am, and will extend the mileage to see how it goes. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again guys, you have been helpful. Now I just need to work out the bikes character a bit so it feels like an extension of me...

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Miles, Yep had a Russell on the RT, they make great seats. So far the stock seems fine but I'll know better after a few days of my normal riding (couple hundred to 8). I'll likely send the stocker out for rebuild over the long winter here regardless.

Thanks again guys, you have been helpful. Now I just need to work out the bikes character a bit so it feels like an extension of me...
    Teach, I have the very first Russell Day-Long seat for an F6B on my bike, pictures below, and am willing to meet with you so that you can see the seat in person, if that helps. Yes, I know you have had a Russell before, just as I have, and this is my 11th seat from Russell (with more than 1 million miles on Russell seats).

You let me know if my offer to meet will help.

Russell seat 005-400.jpgRussell seat 004-400.jpgRussell seat 003-400.jpgRussell seat 008-400.jpg

Thanks Miles for the information on the day long seat. I know when I decide to purcase a new seat it will be a Russell day long seat. It won't be until this fall when I order though. I had already decided to get one when you first posted pics of your seat, I just never got around to commenting that is the seat for me.
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.

Miles, I have to get some saddle time on the stocker before I decide what I'm going to do, but if I do something it will be a Russell and it will get done over winter. As for meeting up? Well I might ride across to the west coast next summer, and if so maybe we can hook up and I'll buy the coffee

Well between running to MO & back, and all this rain, I finally got a LITTLE saddle time in. Here are a few of my initial observations. First off I need to adjust the headlight up a little, just doesn't reach out far enough, or maybe its far enough and they just need spread a little. Either way they'll need some playing with so I don't need to keep hitting the high beam. The handlebars seem to droop just a wee bit too much at the grip. Still too new to decide if I need to adjust them or not (more saddle time will tell). Definitely going to throw on my sheepskin before the next ride, lol.... I'm also going to click up the preload a bit. It definitely isn't the BMW. I didn't suspect it would be, BUT the bike is still fun to ride. I think I'll need a few more miles of really pushing the bikes limits before I feel real confident. Seems planted well enough, I'm just not letting it go yet. Bike is probably capable, I'm just holding some back as I test it. I keep expecting to drag metal parts, but so far it hasn't been an issue.
    The tall Honda windshield is coming right back off and the 11" bagger shield on as soon as it arrives. Passenger floorboard are on their way and the passenger backrest is just awaiting studs to refit it. I'm pretty sure that will be all the changes this summer, but I need to get some highway pegs on. I also need to get a powerlet outlet put in the left access panel and another couple up front. I'm still pondering the likelihood of another Russell build.