12V Hot Wire

Thread: 12V Hot Wire

12V Hot Wire

I wanted to have a constant 12volt hot so this is what
    I did Inside on the left bag where the usb is at. There are 3 screws where the latch is 2 on one side and a single screw towards the front of the bag and that's the one to use. I took the rubber grommet out and ran the wires to the battery and put a 15 amp fuse in also. Then put the grommet back in.

Nice job !

Not wanting to be picky but the fuse needs to be at the battery end to protect the wire if it gets trapped and grounded there will be no protection until it burns through
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

I'll be looking to add a powerlet near the passenger handle and another up front somewhere. Can't ride long into the fall without heated gear here. Also need to add a cig lighter style somewhere for my GPS. Still deciding where to mount everything up.

I take it that power outlet in the saddlebag will be for charging phones or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    I'll be looking to add a powerlet near the passenger handle and another up front somewhere. Can't ride long into the fall without heated gear here. Also need to add a cig lighter style somewhere for my GPS. Still deciding where to mount everything up.

I take it that power outlet in the saddlebag will be for charging phones or something?
    Heated gear straight to the battery the AUX circuit is only 5A
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake