ISO Grips

Thread: ISO Grips

ISO Grips

I did not remove the original rubber Honda grips. I just clamped the ISO over the original set. I made sure the tapered end of the rubber sleeve faced inwards as per instructions.

After installation, I noticed that the throttle was 'sticking' and not returning to 'original' position. I thought this was rather strange and potentially dangerous! When I uninstall the ISO grips, the throttle action was back to normal.

i don't understand the reason why but it seems to me that once the throttle is clamped too tightly on the F6B, after twisting the throttle and letting go, the throttle doesn't want to close!

Please advise me on whether this is normal or not?

The black ISO grips I ordered were the 6383 model from Kuryakyn (for heated grips) but when I eventually bought my bike, it came without heated grips. Having thought about it, this could well be the answer.

Mercury,

I believe i can help you here as i too quickly experienced the same problem. On the throttle side there is a bolt that you install in the bar end. This bolt is being set to tightly, loosen it up a nudge, your problem should be fixed.

On the other hand, glad you were smarter than I when it came to the factory grips... I attempted removal. I had never seen the kind that fit over the top of the factory grip. Needless to say i need to replace a heater element now...

Removing non heated grips is not a problem. The OEM rubber grips are glued in but easily removed. On bikes with heated grips, I guess if you were to remove the OEM rubber grips, you may risk destroying the heating elements.

For the RHS grips, I ended up discarding the OEM rubber grip, add a thin layer of insulation tubing, clamp on the ISO Grips - done. The return action of the throttle became back to normal due to less gripping pressure on the handle.