Sweet!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweet!!!

Sweet!!!

Got em today.........about a 20 minute install and they are SWEET!

DSCN0860.jpgDSCN0863.jpgDSCN0862.jpgDSCN0861.jpg

Agreed
    Ordered mine a few days ago

Cool

I like them too. I put pictures of mine under Rivco Products thread in Vendors category...

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    You can flip those out with your boot while riding? My chins hit the fairing just above the brake pedal when I stretch my legs, these are long enough to keep your feet out enough to avoid doing that? They look sweet! Just want to make sure before I order.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    You can flip those out with your boot while riding? My chins hit the fairing just above the brake pedal when I stretch my legs, these are long enough to keep your feet out enough to avoid doing that? They look sweet! Just want to make sure before I order.
    You can but the back of pegs are very rounded so it can be difficult. I am considering adding a small piece of metal or hard plastic as a way to catch the peg with a boot to flick it open easier. Very easy to close, though.

The pegs mount high enough not to be in the way of break pedal, if I understand your question correctly. They do easily adjust front/back at least couple of inches, which should make it easy to find a 'sweet spot'. I am 6' tall and I used the farthest setting as I like to stretch my legs. You will also not rest inside of your legs on hot engine covers, legs contact the fairing.

Check out my pictures in here: http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?39-RIVCO-Products

I hope this helps.

Very nice. I ordered mine a few weeks ago, can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I can flip mine out with the toe of my boot. The bolt that the peg swivels on is a locker (?) type nut and the tension can be adjusted for your personal preference, by tightening or loosening the nut.

My Aero pegs are mounted all the way to the rear and I would speculate that there are about 3 more inches more adjustment to the front for those with longer legs (my inseam is 30"). Cool Hand Luke's are mounted more to the front so he would be better to explain about the comfort for those with longer legs.

I can see the pegs being much easier to open the closer they are to the rider. The way mine are setup makes them very comfortable as I like to stretch my legs once in a while. Pegs can definitely be opened while riding even mounted in the most forward position, just not as easy as they could have been due to them being rounded at the edge. This makes them somewhat difficult to flick open with the edge of your boot as there is a small contact point. It would have been much easier if the shape was a little different or maybe the peg extended further than the peg mount. Than the boot would catch it easier. However, with practice I'm sure one can get very proficient at it so it's not a deal breaker in my opinion. I like them too much...

Comfort is a personal thing, but I can tell you for me at 6' tall, 32" inseam they are very comfortable, perfect in fact. I used to have Rivco pegs mounted on engine protector bars on my GW and while comfortable I had to be careful not to rub my leg against the hot engine covers. No such problem with these. Also, the ability to adjust them front to back should make them usable for almost anyone.

Looks are subjective as well, for me these are the nicest looking pegs I've seen so far. I had similar pegs on my K1200LT but these I believe are better.

Those look very nice.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.

They are sweet for sure. I am waiting for my credit card to cool off after buying a Corbin seat and Torqmaster pipes. They are next on my list for sure.