Honda response to paint issue - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Honda response to paint issue

I am not a F6B owner but have heard the F6Bs were not CLEAR COATED at all

I just posted over in the garage forum about dealing with the paint problems. I hope folks have a look and give it a try. I'm sure you WON'T be disappointed....... Teach

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    I just posted over in the garage forum about dealing with the paint problems. I hope folks have a look and give it a try. I'm sure you WON'T be disappointed....... Teach
    Teach, if you are "sure" we won't be disappointed...then you would be wrong. I read your other post, and it definetly reads as having been written by someone that clearly does not own one of these bikes yet.

Until Honda makes their decision as to what "they" are going to do regarding the bad paint on our bikes, I believe it would be an error to cover the bad paint with Liquid Glass, before the Honda reps get a chance to see and document every one of these bikes. I, for one, am not into washing my bike every time I take it out for a ride, and I most certainly am not into waxing it or polishing it...at all...ever. But then again, I ride my bike...rather than post about bikes I don't even own.

The Professor

Miles, try it, don't try it, wait out Honda, whatever.... that is your call. I was simply throwing out an option that works. I watched about 100 new Vision owners go down this same path in 2008. Yep they eventually got their bike panels replaced by the manufacturer after a year and lots of stress, and then put on the LG.
    Again, understand where you are coming from, hope you get it fixed........... but for folks who just want to ride and not worry about it, the LG works.

I'll wait for them to fix the paint issue

As one who was planning to buy this bike, I'm now waiting until I hear the paint issue is resolved. I've owned 2 Harleys, 2 Hondas (incl an '83 Goldwing 1100 - sweet machine!) and a Yamaha, and this is the first time I've ever even heard of "soft" paint. There's just no excuse for something like that. I hope when they fix that they add the cruise control and ABS. Hell, even the '83 had cruise control!

TennX
    As much as I want one of these bikes, as Ive said before Im waiting till 2014 models in the hope that the paint issue is resolved...I dont care if they do/dont add anything to the bike...Im not going to spend 20K on what most likely will be my last bike purchase and deal with crap right out the box....good luck..

I would like to add, I have a 2006 VTX 1300R Candy Black Cherry and the paint looks as good as the day I bought it new...I just sold a 97 GL1500 Candy Red Spectra , except for age the paint was in great condition....

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I haven't had a chance to clean my bike yet as I just got it last Wednesday and have a crazy schedule, I will be giving it the full detail tomorrow. I'm not sure the quality of my paint yet obviously but I can say that my dealer swirled the hell out of my clear coat and has several scratches (hopefully in the clear coat) from removing the emblems and wiping the bike down. I'll have a better idea as to how my paint fairs tomorrow. I have all the Zanio products on the shelf to really give this bike the once over. I am going to wash with Dawn, clay bar, apply swirl remover, polish, then wax the paint. It will probably take me 2 days to do all of this and then I can report the status of the paint on my bike. I will keep you posted. I can say 2 things for certain.....If I can't get the swirls & scratches out with my products on my own then the dealer is going to pay for a professional to do it......If I have the paint issues some of you are having then I will jump on the wagon starting with my dealer and finishing with Mother Honda. One way or another the paint on my $21,000 bike will be as it should be from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Wawazz View Post
    As one who was planning to buy this bike, I'm now waiting until I hear the paint issue is resolved. I've owned 2 Harleys, 2 Hondas (incl an '83 Goldwing 1100 - sweet machine!) and a Yamaha, and this is the first time I've ever even heard of "soft" paint. There's just no excuse for something like that. I hope when they fix that they add the cruise control and ABS. Hell, even the '83 had cruise control!

My dealer had no F6B's on the floor and ordered my black deluxe straight from Honda in late May I have NO paint issues so why wait.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    My dealer had no F6B's on the floor and ordered my black deluxe straight from Honda in late May I have NO paint issues so why wait.
    Mine came out of a crate last weekend so I'm hopeful that I have NO paint issues as well.

Mine originally came straight out the crate as well, I asked the dealer to not touch the paint, don't wash it, or wipe it off.

I cleaned, polished, and waxed it very carefully, and my bike HAS the soft paint problem.

I have installed 3M film on the suspect rub spots but you can simply wipe your finger over the paint and it will scratch.

Like others I have gone the normal route of dealer and mother Honda. Still waiting for a solution from them.