Cruise control - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruise control

Quote Originally Posted by yellowskeeter1 View Post
    You guys are either very smart or I am really dumb. You lost me at pulse modulators. Good job on getting it worked out! Now we need it as a kit.
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.

When can we expect a set of instructions and a parts list? A cruise is the one thing keeping the F6B from being the perfect bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    When can we expect a set of instructions and a parts list? A cruise is the one thing keeping the F6B from being the perfect bike.
    +1 True Dat

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    You are the man!

Now come do mine?
    If you live in Hawaii and are picking up all 1st class accommodations, my wife & I will be there tomorrow.

Barry

For those who have asked, the parts that I used to install the Rostra Cruise Control on my F6B are as follows;

Rostra universal cruise control kit 250-1223
    Rostra control unit 250-3592
    Rostra pulse divider (divide by 4) 250-4379
    Hela spst 12v relay 933332107
    Holley carb stud 20-40
    Dorman cable stop 03337

The above listed items are available from Summit Racing. In addition to the above listed items, the following will be needed;

HONDA Service Manual
    4.7K ohm resister 1/2 watt
    Tie wraps
    Heat shrink tubing
    Wire terminals
    Solder & Soldering equipment

You will need to fabricate three (3) brackets. A bracket to mount the cruise Servo, a bracket to mount the control switch on the handle bar and a bracket (lever) to mount on the throttle body for the cruise cable. Earlier in this post, PEDRO66 & I posted some pictures of the brackets that we made for this Installation. These pictures should provide you with some ideas on the brackets that will need to be fabricated.

The Rostra kits come with complete instructions on how to install this unit. The wires are all labeled and the Rostra instructions give details as to where these wires are to be connected. You will need to consult the Honda Service Manual to locate the required connection points.

You could also use a Goldwing cruise control handle in lieu of the Rostra control unit. This would make it look more like a "factory" install. The G/W control would probably add $125 or so to the cost and would require some additional research into the wiring requirements.

The installation of a cruise control on this bike is quite involved and will probability test the patience of many. Good Luck!

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by BARRYS770 View Post
    If you live in Hawaii and are picking up all 1st class accommodations, my wife & I will be there tomorrow.

Barry
    LOL

How about North Carolina? And I'll feed you well!

Way outside my skillset though.

Quote Originally Posted by BARRYS770 View Post
    For those who have asked, the parts that I used to install the Rostra Cruise Control on my F6B are as follows;

Rostra universal cruise control kit 250-1223
    Rostra control unit 250-3592
    Rostra pulse divider (divide by 4) 250-4379
    Hela spst 12v relay 933332107
    Holley carb stud 20-40
    Dorman cable stop 03337

The above listed items are available from Summit Racing. In addition to the above listed items, the following will be needed;

HONDA Service Manual
    4.7K ohm resister 1/2 watt
    Tie wraps
    Heat shrink tubing
    Wire terminals
    Solder & Soldering equipment

You will need to fabricate three (3) brackets. A bracket to mount the cruise Servo, a bracket to mount the control switch on the handle bar and a bracket (lever) to mount on the throttle body for the cruise cable. Earlier in this post, PEDRO66 & I posted some pictures of the brackets that we made for this Installation. These pictures should provide you with some ideas on the brackets that will need to be fabricated.

The Rostra kits come with complete instructions on how to install this unit. The wires are all labeled and the Rostra instructions give details as to where these wires are to be connected. You will need to consult the Honda Service Manual to locate the required connection points.

You could also use a Goldwing cruise control handle in lieu of the Rostra control unit. This would make it look more like a "factory" install. The G/W control would probably add $125 or so to the cost and would require some additional research into the wiring requirements.

The installation of a cruise control on this bike is quite involved and will probability test the patience of many. Good Luck!

Barry
    Barry,

Thank you for all your work and sharing the part list and knowledge.

Jim

Is this install something a dealer could (or would) do?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoon64 View Post
    Is this install something a dealer could (or would) do?
    I would think not, due to liability issues and not being a Honda OEM Part!
    Let it be known and let it be written, this is the best bike I've ever owned, and I ain't shittin!