Looking for windshield
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for windshield

Looking for windshield

Looking for 11" clear windshield. Just bought a f6b. Don't know which windshield will give me a good protection. I'm 5'4"

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

Why is mastad ur favorite ? What's so special about it and how well does it protect in colder months. I'm looking for something that will completely block all the wind from the front. Also doing research on getting all the baker wings they offer for f6b. Need to block everything is my goal.

Are baker wings any good or are there any other options from other vendors ?

F4 Customs can cut one down for you.....

....if our Sport (14") is too tall. We have a customer who is 5'6" tall and he can ride with his ball cap on with the 14" shield. Available tinted and clear, with or without a vent. Give us a call with any questions.

F4 Customs, LLC
    330-968-4644

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    Also doing research on getting all the baker wings they offer for f6b. Need to block everything is my goal.

We also carry Baker Built Air Wings for your bike. We can block all the air with Hand Wings, Air Wings w/ lowers and Leg Wings. We have Center Stands (shortened) that reduce the effort of putting the bike on the stand by 60%. Baker Wings perform exactly as stated, that's a guarantee! Give us a call with any questions.

F4 Customs, LLC
    330-968-4644

Quote Originally Posted by F4 Customs View Post
    We also carry Baker Built Air Wings for your bike. We can block all the air with Hand Wings, Air Wings w/ lowers and Leg Wings. We have Center Stands (shortened) that reduce the effort of putting the bike on the stand by 60%. Baker Wings perform exactly as stated, that's a guarantee! Give us a call with any questions.

F4 Customs, LLC
    330-968-4644
    Does the center stand still get the rear wheel off the ground enough to rotate the rear tire to air it up??...Thanks

Why is mastad ur favorite ? What's so special about it and how well does it protect in colder months. I'm looking for something that will completely block all the wind from the front. Also doing research on getting all the baker wings they offer for f6b. Need to block everything is my goal.

Madstad and Windbender both work on 'similar' designs,,, Less turbulence / less wind noise with a shorter shield is what most experience.

Eliminating the wind may require looking through a shield,,, a W I D E shield at that, and even then, you may have turbulence due to the creation of a low pressure zone,,, (the same low pressure zone that Madstad and Windbender reduce by design)

I apologize as you may have indicated before,,, What bikes have you ridden before/left you wanting for more wind protection?

Have you ridden a full Goldwing or another bike with a full fairing? (IMHO, a 'Batwing' type fairing by itself isn't really a 100% 'full' fairing)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Madstad and Windbender both work on 'similar' designs,,, Less turbulence / less wind noise with a shorter shield is what most experience.

Eliminating the wind may require looking through a shield,,, a W I D E shield at that, and even then, you may have turbulence due to the creation of a low pressure zone,,, (the same low pressure zone that Madstad and Windbender reduce by design)

I apologize as you may have indicated before,,, What bikes have you ridden before/left you wanting for more wind protection?

Have you ridden a full Goldwing or another bike with a full fairing? (IMHO, a 'Batwing' type fairing by itself isn't really a 100% 'full' fairing)
    Does a windshield with a vent solve the issue of low pressure zone ? I like the madstad but not the looks. May b I can one that is 11" with a vent. I need something before 8/28/14 the day I leave for dragon.

Try one of these

Attachment 7751

Does a windshield with a vent solve the issue of low pressure zone ? It helps someI like the madstad but not the looks. It ain't sexy, but it works if you are looking for quiet and minimal/no turbulence. May b I can one that is 11" with a vent. I need something before 8/28/14 the day I leave for dragon.
    As I posted in your other shield thread, nothing wrong with the 11-19 B-shield. 11 might give ya some breeze when it's hot and the 19 would most likely be a 'look through' for folks who are a bit shorter.