Hope I didn't make a mistake buying F6B
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hope I didn't make a mistake buying F6B

Hope I didn't make a mistake buying F6B

Well I did not read this before. But since I'm reading the forum a lot. I keep coming across paint issues. Well this is my 3 day with the bike. I'm afraid the paint is goin to be major issue in the future.

Well that sucks. I was proud I bought honda. Guess not anymore.

What r ur thoughts on paint.

I've 2013 F6B black deluxe.

I got my black 2013 almost 2 weeks. So far my paint looks great I put one coat of Liquid Glass about to put another coat on.

The paint is soft. It is a one step process. That being said I couldn't care less about it. If it starts looking like crap in 2 or 3 years I will have it repainted at that point. New color will make it feel like a whole new bike again. To me the F6B is so much more than a paint job that it never even crosses my mind.

I've got a Red Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    Well I did not read this before. But since I'm reading the forum a lot. I keep coming across paint issues. Well this is my 3 day with the bike. I'm afraid the paint is goin to be major issue in the future.

Well that sucks. I was proud I bought honda. Guess not anymore.

What r ur thoughts on paint.

I've 2013 F6B black deluxe.
    I live in South Texas, it was 102 today. I got my bike back in April and have not had any paint issues at all, I've read about them here and I do not know if it is attributed to a certain paint batch or what, but careful reading has directed me to put on a couple coats of liquid Glass and the problem is neutralized. I have not done that yet either. i wash my bike by hand and use the Honda spray on it and I've not seen it come off on the cloth. If paint is the only issue, that is easily rectified. You did not make a mistake. This is a kick ass motorcycle. I'll probably paint mine in a year or two anyway. Happy and Safe riding.Attachment 7740

The paint issue has me very pissed off at Honda. That being said I started my new 800 mile/week commute today. It's a great, great bike. I loved every minute of my pair of hour and a half rides today. The biggest problem was touching 100 mph way quicker than I expected during passes. Fast, comfortable, beautiful, smooth awesome bike with inexcusably shitty paint.

Cool Don't sweat it!

I bought mine new last year. Paint is soft but not a problem for me. I just wash it and hand dry it with microfiber towel. I have not yet used liquid glass or even wax. I get lots of compliments on bike's looks. Just be careful not to scratch it or use rough rags on it. Maybe some batches of paint are worse than others, I don't know. But paint is of no issue to me.

You be the judge:

Attachment 7741image.jpgimage.jpg

The bike in the pictures was just washed with no wax or liquid glass on it and is about a year old with about 16,000 miles on it.

I bought mine to ride and not for show, but I think it looks great, too!

Totally Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    I bought mine new last year. Paint is soft but not a problem for me. I just wash it and hand dry it with microfiber towel. I have not yet used liquid glass or even wax. I get lots of compliments on bike's looks. Just be careful not to scratch it or use rough rags on it. Maybe some batches of paint are worse than others, I don't know. But paint is of no issue to me.

You be the judge:

Attachment 7741Attachment 7742Attachment 7743

The bike in the pictures was just washed with no wax or liquid glass on it and is about a year old with about 16,000 miles on it.

I bought mine to ride and not for show, but I think it looks great, too!
    Right on.....me too! If it comes off, it will end up another color, I'm not even pissed at Honda about it. Rattle Can Rat Bike Red with some haze gray and some red-lead primer, that is the ticket.

The paint is soft and scratches easily, but it's not the end of the world and really a non issue so far for me. Maybe in a few years I'll have a different opinion, but I've only had my bike for 2 months and about 2500 miles and my paint looks great. There are a few very minor surface scratches that you wouldn't notice unless you carefully inspected the bike. I don't see it becoming a major problem. I have not had the paint come off while cleaning the bike like some folks have mentioned. I hand wash the bike and apply Bike Spirits cleaner and polish. It has worked great on my previous bikes and can be used on all paint and chrome surfaces. Lots of guys like Liquid Glass too, but I haven't seen a need for it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    You be the judge:

Attachment 7743

:
    If a ten foot paint job is ok with you, then good for you. I'm not ok with a $20k flagship model with factory equipped scratches.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    All those who are not happy with the paint simply need to sell their bike and get something different.

Ya ever notice how folks who just like to ride really don't get that excited about any 'paint issue'???

Wife and I just 'de-bug' on occasion, wash 'em every now and then, with lotsa riding in between,,,

Sure, a '9 mile deep finish' is nice, I suppose, but it wouldn't get treated any different than what I have now.

There are plenty of bikes out there drippin with chrome and Purdy paint waiting for you.

Simple enough, so,,,,,, what's stopping you from getting rid of the 6 and buying something shiny??