What did you do to your F6B today?
Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Short 120 mile ride in the twisties with obligatory post bug wipe down and polish up.
    ss^,
    Ken

Unhappy Tiny Tears

Wept silently and adjusted the cover which has been on for nearly a month, more rain to come and more tears of despair too no doubt
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

As I am currently on holidays in Japan, went to Akihabara in Tokyo to get some nice LED lights to embellish my "Speedy Marie", also found dome nice chrome letters spelling F6B to replace the Honda logo...

Installed the Honda LED foglamps this morning. Went pretty good but the lower cowl reinstall held things up a bit. All's good.

rode the bike to British Columbia to sturgis north in Merritt BC

Today I am op-checking via a short ride (90 min) all the mods I did over the weekend.
    MP3 Voltmeter
    MP3 Luggage Rack with baggage attached
    Headlight covers
    Belly Pan

Just making sure everything stays on functions properly.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Saturday I rode in search of changing aspen color. First up Wrist Canyon, then over to Poudre Canyon and further up it. Surprisingly, I had to go all the way to the top of Cameron Pass to find full color -- 10,000 feet.

Attachment 8747

Some of you will like this: As I was stopped looking for a way to photograph the aspen without a telephoto lens, a couple Harleys and a new Indian passed me on the way down. By the time I started after them, I imagine they were 2-3 miles ahead of me. Now I'm a crappy and conservative rider at the best -- part of my trepidation about coming to the rally. But I told myself if I caught them by the narrows going my normal pace, I'll have made the right choice in going with The Black. I might have pressed just a little bit, but I caught them considerably before the narrows. It's uncanny how well the F6B handles for such a huge bike. Stopped off at Mishawauka Inn for a beer and sandwich to celebrate, then headed down the rest of the way and back home satisfied not only with catching the Indian so easily but with the new position Rocky's Comfort Risers provided.

Yesterday, I just cleaned The Black and watched our Broncos lose once again to Seattle, so not nearly as satisfying a day.

Sunday Ride

My wife and I were able to sneak a little 50 mile ride into the twisting rolling hills of Mid Tennessee in and around Franklin and Thompson's Station.

She liked it, but she wants more support on the back. Hoping the extended backrest support I order does the trick, or I'll be needing a new ride.

shooter
    Put a Show Chrome luggage rack on back. Got the chrome one. If you guys buy this part get a tap and tap the holes out first. The bolts won't even begin to go all the way in the holes. Clean out the holes and install is a snap. I know a lot of you guys like the blacked out look. And that's ok but for me my favorite color is chrome. I know, but I'm old. I'm adding a little at a time till I get a balanced look. Or it's all chrome. Whichever come first. I love this bike guys. It's treating me real good. I ride two up 99% of the time and she handles great. I ride with both my brother in laws who both have Ultra Classics. We take the girls on family rides. Great fun. The B is definitely the class of the field. More torque , more HP , better ride , and the boys know better than to try to pass. They always ask me to lead , I figure the best is out front. When I get those chrome wheels I think we will have them in the looks dept to.

New "gloves"

She got her new gloves today, Kury ISOs with a Throttle Boss.
    Just like her older sisters.

I have an XL hand and I was really missing the extra diameter of the ISOs compared to the stock grips.
    And I did the correct ones for the stock heated grips.

Attachment 8801Attachment 8800

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce