What did you do to your F6B today?

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Congrats Nole. You could do that but I wouldn't rush it. Do it when you get home and take your time; this bike is chocked full of rubber grommets and stepped washers that are easy to lose... and it's not always clear when and where they're hidden. Take your time, and for every bolt or nut that gets loosened, take a real close look to see if any loose parts on on it. This bike is also notorious for having slightly different length bolts or bolt shoulders; if you rush you could easily lose track of where they go.

I'm at the point where I don't mess around; every nut and bolt that comes off... gets "stored" in the disassembled hole until the whole bike is put back together. This is the best way to not lose anything, and to not lose track of where it all goes.

EDIT: Oops, n/m! Well done on the quick install.
    Lol...I watched the video of the Goldwing windshield replacement on Youtube a few times in anticipation, so it was a breeze. The hardest part was fitting my fat fingers behind the mirrors to get the bolts started again when putting the front back on.

Didn't have time to do the lens covers at lunch...so those will be done when I get home after it cools off.

2015 Matte Silver Deluxe

I cleaned it up. Then it started raining. I decided to go for a ride anyways since I might not get chance to ride again until Sunday. This is by far the best rainy weather bike I've ever had. I've been stuck in rain plenty of times on other bikes, but this is the only one I've had where I'll actually leave in the rain for an evening pleasure ------.

edit: Why does the word c r u i s e get automatically edited and changed to ------? It seems odd that it's on the naughty word list. Fuck!
    edit2: So, it is okay to type fuck, but not ------? Weird.
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

Cheesy, I agree about the rain... the bike remains very predictable.

About c-r-u-i-s-e... this seems to be a byproduct of a "thing" going on with M-c-C-r-u-i-s-e- right now... they're not in good graces with upper management at the moment.

Cheesy, I agree about the rain... the bike remains very predictable.

About c-r-u-i-s-e... this seems to be a byproduct of a "thing" going on with M-c-C-r-u-i-s-e- right now... they're not in good graces with upper management at the moment.
    I guess that explains why m-c in my post went to "--"
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I guess that explains why m-c in my post went to "--"
    Aha, I bet it is.

I hope upper management reconsiders their approach. I for one am not keen on visiting a forum where that tactic is used regardless of what caused --------'s fall from grace.
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyRider View Post
    I hope upper management reconsiders their approach. I for one am not keen on visiting a forum where that tactic is used regardless of what caused --------'s fall from grace.
    I know what you're saying Cheesy and I agree with you in principle but, trust me, upper management has our best interest in mind. Whether or not everything works out in the end to make all parties happy is another topic.

I know what you're saying Cheesy and I agree with you in principle but, trust me, upper management has our best interest in mind. Whether or not everything works out in the end to make all parties happy is another topic.
    Speaking of "upper management", who or what company interest is "upper management" or is it a individual interest ?

"Speaking of "upper management", who or what company interest is "upper management" or is it a individual interest ?"

Thats easy...we are looking out for YOU!!! Every vendor is vetted before coming onto the board...period! All of our vendors will "make it right" and if they do not, or in this case are a little slow maybe...we contact them for YOU and make sure they are fulfilling their obligation to YOU!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com