What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 125
Page 125 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2575115116117118119120121122123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1254

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Quote Originally Posted by LA Weld View Post
    Last week Rivco Pegs and the luggage rack.
    It was the TRIVECTA and 1200 miles this week.
    Heli Bars, Madstad 13 inch clear, Mustang seat and hit the road to Maryland for work.
    That is a true test ride for the modification's, I will add a throttlemeister as I hate the sloppy throttle and I know it is a cure to the no feel grip.
    Have to say that was the smoothest 1200 miles I did in my life. Can't wait for this round of work to be finished as I have no return schedule. Can we say Shenandoah and Natchez trace in one week.
    Don't forget the BRP!!!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Installed a set of Helibars on my 6 . Difference is night and day. Still some tweaking to get them perfect but well worth it. Took me about 4 hours taking breaks and going slowly.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Man that looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bbill View Post
    It pains me to say it but now I wish I had bought the black one instead of the red one. Hope the feeling passes.
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

Quote Originally Posted by terryboyle View Post
    It pains me to say it but now I wish I had bought the black one instead of the red one. Hope the feeling passes.
    Just means adding a tour pack involves some paint. Know what you mean.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

What panel is that?

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I finally decided to procure and install the OEM analog voltmeter in the right side of the fairing. The red back light is nice, and I wish I could change all of my gauges to being back lighted with red; instead of white. Would look good at night.

I already had a LED voltmeter installed on the radio control console... but was still yearning for the analog gauge (it just seems to match the rest of the instrumentation better).

I do like the OEM analog gauge due to it's real time feedback, as opposed to the LED one. When I have my Headlight Modulator running, you can see the needle fluctuate very slightly in tandem with the modulation. Other fluctuation is visible as well depending on what you're switching on and off.

I'm probably going to leave the LED voltage meter installed for now... just for the coolness factor with the different colored LED's and the way it dims in low light and increases in intensity during bright.

I'm getting ready to install the MPL handlebar extensions next... think it'll happen today due to the rain

Is that the panel from Wingstuff? It is not clear on the site if it is compatible with the F6B. Also, is it plug and play or did you have to splice some wires.

Quote Originally Posted by motornerd View Post
    Is that the panel from Wingstuff? It is not clear on the site if it is compatible with the F6B. Also, is it plug and play or did you have to splice some wires.
    It is from Wingstuff and it does fit the F6B. If you have the Deluxe model F6B it is plug and play, as long as you buy the accessory cable splitter that connects under the left side of the fairing (under the left storage box). You have to route the cable over to the right and then you can plug it in. Wingstuff has that cable as well...

http://wingstuff.com/products/29328-...essory-harness

I believe that if you do not have the Deluxe model, you can connect directly to the connector on the right side that would be normally used by the heated grips switch.

You also can not see this in my pictures that you found, but when you are installing that Voltmeter, you will see that the threaded positive terminal on the back of it comes dangerously close to contacting the radiator. So just get one of those wire terminal connection twist plugs (the kind you use when your're connecting house wires together) and twist it on to the threaded terminal in order to keep it insulated from the radiator.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Thank you. Just what I needed to know.

Very helpful.

Not today, but last weekend my son and I rode our motorcycles to a campground located in Winona, MN along the Mississippi river. It was my first motorcycle camping trip in over 25 years and my son's first one ever.

blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

Left her alone while I painted the inside of her new trailer.
    5X10 v nose with ramp and side door.
    Can start screwing down e track and front chock.
    Most of the next upgrades will be in the trailer.
    Will use it as camper when bike is out side under canopy.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyRider View Post
    Not today, but last weekend my son and I rode our motorcycles to a campground located in Winona, MN along the Mississippi river. It was my first motorcycle camping trip in over 25 years and my son's first one ever.

Great father and son experience - invaluable and memorable for years to come.

Is that a Versys 300 or a DLR 650? How does he like it? Good for road riding?
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6