What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 126
Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116117118119120121122123124125126
Results 1,251 to 1,254 of 1254

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Great father and son experience - invaluable and memorable for years to come.

Is that a Versys 300 or a DLR 650? How does he like it? Good for road riding?
    It was an awesome father/son experience!

The motorcycle is Versys-X 300 ABS and he loves it! Other than the Suzuki TU250 he rode in class, it's the only motorcycle he's ever ridden. He's 17-years-old. He had a year on a 50cc scooter at 15, then he had a year on a 150cc scooter at 16. Being a frugal child, he was going to buy a used motorcycle for his first bike. But, he liked the Versys. Lucky for him, I liked it too so I pitched in 25% as I figured I'd borrow it often. It hasn't worked out that way though. He's only driven his car twice since he got the motorcycle. Oh well, in five or six years he might be ready to get something different and then I can buy out his 75%.

As a road bike, it is surprisingly capable. With a better seat (the stock seat is hard as a rock), one could easily take it across the country. I don't think there is anything else in the 300cc class that would be better. I haven't had it off-road yet, but it sure is nice on dirt/gravel roads. I haven't found the F6B completely horrible on gravel roads, but I'd never purposefully seek them out. On the rare occasions when I ride the Versys, I almost always explore the gravel roads I pass by when I'm on the F6B.
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

Well today was Dynabead day. We will see how well they work out.

Installed the rear Pathfinder LED's, ordered the headlamp Pathfinders, put the rear backrest back on and went for a little cruise. I have never had a motorcycle that so many people give a thumbs up to or roll down their windows at a light to comment on before, odd to me. Love this bike and I have only had it a week.

Removed Ultimate King, installed stock seat. The Ultimate is a little too soft for me. Will try stock with a bead rider for a while.

Removed Garmin 595 GPS, cradle, and all wiring. Added phone cradle to my ------- ram mount. Prefer Kurviger on my phone over the Garmin curvy road feature. Now I need to shop for TPM for my phone.

Added Pathfinder LED fog lights with integrated daytime running switchback lights. Quite the PITA routing the turn signal cables to the mirror area but finally completed. Happy with the additional lighting. I'll be adding these to my F6C soon.

Moved the heated gear jack to a more user-friendly location.
    Riding the upward spiral.