What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 105
Page 105 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1254

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Quote Originally Posted by Willl View Post
    I have my regular full size garage door opener velcro'd onto the inside of the left cuby. (is velcro'd a word)
    I like the idea of the little one attached to the key. My problem is I am always using different keys. I have about 4 keys I throw in the drawer near the bike in the garage and they end up all over the house until they work their way back to the drawer. (I usually don't have to search for the key)
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    .......Can you provide a link? The so-called waterproof switch that I used has done exactly what your previous switch did. If the switch gets just a little bit wet, my garage door opens or closes without my touching the button. I'd love to have one like you're showing that truly is water-resistant and is illuminated to boot.

E-Switch Anti Vandal Switchery (click me)

Lots of different variations available in each model. However, the real trick is to find the variant you need in the available inventory at a distributor. Anything not in stock means a 2+ month special order (and quite likely a minimum order number as well...I didn't look into it that far).

On mine, I really, REALLY, would have preferred ring illumination (or perhaps even one ring and one dot) as opposed to the Pwr symbols. But apparently, with the Pwr symbol my switch is a big seller...and not so much in any of the other forms (or at least that's the implication one gets by looking at everyones' inventory figures.) Couldn't find a ring light or a dot anywhere at the time. They just don't stock them.

Also, if you go this way....be sure to match your switch with your illumination power source. Even then, you'll need to put a resistor of the proper value in-line on the hot side. The switch illumination LED is TERRIBLY bright on it's own. I finally settled on 1K, but I may yet go back and put in something closer to 2K. Actually, calculations show that 600ohm should cut the stock brightness in half...but that was still too bright for my tastes.

Attachment 22229

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Quote Originally Posted by yellow rex View Post
    When I put electrical items on the B all of them are on switch power this cures the problem of anyone tapering with any thing.
    Not possible in this case. Self contained unit with on-pcb low voltage power source. Yes...it could be done if you wanted to step down the 12V to get there. And then you have to introduce it to the pcb AND get it all inside the box.

Too much work for too little gain. If everything else is done properly, it just is not necessary.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

I really enjoy ridiing my F6B

I just returned from a five day....1500 mile ride.....from Boise ID north on US 95....east on US12 over the infamous 99 miles of curves on Lolo Pass to Missoula MT....north to Glacier National Park and looped back west on US 12 to Kalispell MT.......west to Libby MT, then south thru Bonners Ferry ID and Sandpoint ID......east on MT200 to Thompson Falls, back west over Thompson Pass to Lake Coeur dAlene ID.....south on US 95 down the Spiral Highway to Lewiston ID and Clarkston WA......south to Enterprise OR over the infamous Rattlesnake Grades in WA and OR...and returned home south over NF road 39 thru the Eagle Caps/Wallowa Alps into Hells Canyon NRA and up to Cambridge ID and home on US 95.....

Best 5 days I've had in a long time.......and a joy riding my F6, which I have only been riding for 14 months. Just turned over 23,000 miles in 14 months of riding...do you think I love riding this bike ?????

enuff said Shaker

I just got back from a 125 mile ride with sore arms (tops of arms from shoulders to forearms. I need to get the handlebar risers...
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Rode the Dragon

What a fun ride,road the dragon both ways. I think I'll need new pegs! The second run I followed a state trooper for the first little bit then when he pulled off a Camaro came up behind me and man did we fly! In the end I could barely see him in the mirrors, not something I do everyday but the bike was so much fun to toss around the turns!
    Lloyd

Well for the past three years I have been putting it off due to price but comfort has no price.
    So I ordered helibars. I am awaiting the tracking number to come up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I put baker hand wings on today. Was a little confused which way they went on at first. Then looked at a few pics and got it.
    2015 f6b deluxe - matte grey
    1998 fxd superglide - black

Took the bad boy on a little 200 mile spin. I'm pretty sure I am going to have to do something about my seat. My butt was sore/tired and get a backrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    I put baker hand wings on today. Was a little confused which way they went on at first. Then looked at a few pics and got it.
    Been thinking about getting a set of those myself. Are those the light or dark tint?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537