What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 16
Page 16 of 126 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Went out to the barn and talked nicely to her.
    12 degrees this morning, not taking her anywhere.
    Too cold to do any add-ons. Don't want things to snap......including my patience.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Powder coated passenger foot boards.

Bought a spray can of powder coat - touch up paint from my pc friend and painted my passenger footboards. They even soda blasted them for nothing.
    Never knew such an aerosol powder coat product existed. Goes on better than regular spray paint. Tuff on the lungs and eyes without protection and a fan, though. $20 bucks a bottle. Cardinal brand.
    Attachment 10615
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Installed battery tender...since its been too cold to do since I picked up a few wks ago!
    "Current Stable"
    2013 F6B - black
    2006 Harley Davidson Screamin' Eagle CVO Ultra
    2009 KLR 650
    2003 Harley Davidson FLSTSI
    2003 Harley Davidson FLSTSI (yup, 2)
    2001 Harley Davidson FXDXT
    2006 Aprilia Scarabeo 500GT
    1981 Hondamatic 400
    1980 Yamaha Exciter 250
    1973 Honda CB360
    2009 Yamaha C3

Replaced the Clearview Sport windshield with a Clearview Sport touring model of the same height. Also started her up for the first time since the 3rd week of October. Ready for Spring

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Did you have any trouble with the seat rails using the stock bolts or did you use the newer up-dated ones that are longer and tapered to make the install a lot easier???
    No real trouble, but lost a washer so had to go to the big jar O' washers to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Replaced the Clearview Sport windshield with a Clearview Sport touring model of the same height. Also started her up for the first time since the 3rd week of October. Ready for Spring
    Is the sport shield now 4 sale & if so what height & tint is it. I am going to order a shield this co ing week hopefully unless I find a used one here.

Thanks Doug
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by Doug44 View Post
    Is the sport shield now 4 sale & if so what height & tint is it. I am going to order a shield this co ing week hopefully unless I find a used one here.

Thanks Doug
    Doug,
    I think I'm gonna hang on to it as a back up. It does have a tiny stone chip so I wouldn't be comfortable selling it. I also have a dark tint Cee Bailey's(11") that worked well for me that I would part with, but I would really recommend the Clearview.

Thanks for the interest,
    Doug (see a pattern here?)

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Doug,
    I think I'm gonna hang on to it as a back up. It does have a tiny stone chip so I wouldn't be comfortable selling it. I also have a dark tint Cee Bailey's(11") that worked well for me that I would part with, but I would really recommend the Clearview.

Thanks for the interest,
    Doug (see a pattern here?)
    Yes I sure do see a pattern here ha hopefully by learning from others here I can avoid some of it. You can help me here, tell me how would you judge how Clearview and CB compare on how they measure there height. I am pretty sure for my eyesight and riding I want a clear or light tint. I sat on a 2015 GL1800 today and with that shield all the way down I could still look over the shield it measured 17 inches from the dash to the top of the shield using the dash point where Clearview uses. I know when I had my 2006 GL1800 I rode it that way and it was good with the shield down but I am thinking the F6B sits me a tad or 2 lower in the saddle than a GL1800. I am only 5' 7 but tall from the waist up and I am guessing a medium Clearview would be a good fit. Coming off a adventure bike I am use to a lot of air and wind noise and actually like some air on me. I hate a GL1800 with a barn door for a shield so thinking a medium or even short Clearview Sport. So given this information about my height and wants, what do you feel would be the better choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by Doug44 View Post
    Yes I sure do see a pattern here ha hopefully by learning from others here I can avoid some of it. You can help me here, tell me how would you judge how Clearview and CB compare on how they measure there height. I am pretty sure for my eyesight and riding I want a clear or light tint. I sat on a 2015 GL1800 today and with that shield all the way down I could still look over the shield it measured 17 inches from the dash to the top of the shield using the dash point where Clearview uses. I know when I had my 2006 GL1800 I rode it that way and it was good with the shield down but I am thinking the F6B sits me a tad or 2 lower in the saddle than a GL1800. I am only 5' 7 but tall from the waist up and I am guessing a medium Clearview would be a good fit. Coming off a adventure bike I am use to a lot of air and wind noise and actually like some air on me. I hate a GL1800 with a barn door for a shield so thinking a medium or even short Clearview Sport. So given this information about my height and wants, what do you feel would be the better choice.
    Cee Bailey and Clear View measure their shields differently. My 11" CB was only marginally shorter than the Small(14"-14 3/4") Clearview using the Clearview method. I am 5'8" so we're close in size. The 11" CB kept the pressure from my chest & face and allowed some air to hit right at the top of my helmet. Worked, but still had to max out the radio to hear it at speed. I figured that the recurve at the top of the Clearview would throw the air over my helmet, and it did. I mounted it in the low(14")position and rode that way all of last Summer. Somewhere I picked up a very tiny stone chip and with it being the dark tint, it was noticeable to me(nobody else could see it but I knew it was there). That bugged me enough that I felt I wanted to get a new shield so I thought I'd try the Sport Touring this time. I mounted it in the high position(14 3/4") and sat on the bike(on the center stand). I can easily see over it and from my experience with the Sport model I think it's going to be just fine. If it hadn't been for that little stone chip, I would not have bought the new shield.

Dried it

It rained pretty hard here this morning so the bike had to be dried off, so i dried it as it should be dried... At the speed limit and not above the speed limit, I am certain.