What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 26
Page 26 of 126 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Welllllll I got busy !!!

I purchased a set of MLB Risers from a board member a while back, I was waiting for a reason to take the front end apart...the GIPro came along thanks to GiddyupF6B, Here is his thread,http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...hould-be-(IMO), Rick sent the dash lights but the USPS was a little slow so the bike is still apart for those, and also did a oil change for good measure !!!

Everything installed, and checked out!... The GIPro is pretty cool...easy to program, it does take some effort to install it the way GiddyupF6B did which to me looks the best so I copied him, ( thanks for the advice, as well !!! ) not that big of a deal, I used a dermal tool to notch out a path for the wire, took the left side of the shelter loose to get the wire back to the connection port... See pics.... other than that...looks like spring is coming to the South East so you fellas in the north should be thawing out soon!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I changed the stock high beam bulbs to Osram Nightbreaker Plus high performance bulbs. What a PITA. I have large hands, and the right high beam proved to be a challenge. The harness for the heated grips was in the way, the top right shelter was in the way, so I ended up removing the top right shelter which I was going to do anyway for my Speedohealer install next. I had to access the VSS between the frame and right radiator.

Attachment 12020

A pic of the LED pilot light I added to tell me when my fog lights are on

Attachment 12021

A pic of where the Vehicle Speed Sensor is located. This is where the Healtech Speedohealer connects to adjust my speedometer and odometer to read correctly. Mine is in metric, and reads 6% fast.

Attachment 12022

What a black F6B looks like with the top centre and top right shelters removed.

Installed a Powered outlet in the left side panel. It permits me to charge the battery with my Battery Tender Plus, and to operate by 12V portable air compressor for setting tire pressures.

It oughta be a crime to have this much fun on a motorcycle.

Bird - Did you notice significant difference in hi-beam light intensity ? I was thinking to install PIAA's

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I changed the stock high beam bulbs to Osram Nightbreaker Plus high performance bulbs. What a PITA. I have large hands, and the right high beam proved to be a challenge. The harness for the heated grips was in the way, the top right shelter was in the way, so I ended up removing the top right shelter which I was going to do anyway for my Speedohealer install next. I had to access the VSS between the frame and right radiator.

Attachment 12020

A pic of the LED pilot light I added to tell me when my fog lights are on

Attachment 12021

A pic of where the Vehicle Speed Sensor is located. This is where the Healtech Speedohealer connects to adjust my speedometer and odometer to read correctly. Mine is in metric, and reads 6% fast.

Attachment 12022

What a black F6B looks like with the top centre and top right shelters removed.
    I have Philips Diamond Vision H7 Halogen Bulbs on the way for the high beams....I was wondering how much of a pain it was going to be...I think you answered my question! For me it will be worth it...right now my high beams being yellow and my HID's white look funky. The bulbs will be an even white and give me the uniform look I am going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Bird - Did you notice significant difference in hi-beam light intensity ? I was thinking to install PIAA's
    I only turned the highs on against the garage door. The colour to me was more "white", less yellowish than the stock high beams. I wanted a better match to my HID low beams without going to LED's for the high beams. I couldn't tell any difference in light output in the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    For me it will be worth it...right now my high beams being yellow and my HID's white look funky. The bulbs will be an even white and give me the uniform look I am going for.
    My same scenario. I considered the LED high beams, but they are only for show. I didn't want to lose any illumination, so I stayed with halogen.

I only turned the highs on against the garage door. The colour to me was more "white", less yellowish than the stock high beams. I wanted a better match to my HID low beams without going to LED's for the high beams. I couldn't tell any difference in light output in the garage.
    Thanks - that's good enough

Installed a remote garage door opener on the bottom side of the upper right shelter cover, with a pushbutton switch on the top side.
    Makes life a lot easier, and the remote is secured and protected from prying eyes, hands, and water.

Attachment 12058

There are three programmable buttons on the remote. The hookup wires are attached to switch 3. Switch 3 corresponds to the large button that operates one of my two garage doors.

Attachment 12060

The hookup wires are soldered to the hot terminals of switch 3. To figure out which of the four terminals under the switch are the correct ones to use, use a voltmeter, on DC volts, to probe any two terminals at a time. When the voltmeter reads the remote battery's voltage (about 3V DC), you have found the correct two terminals. The black marks by the wires are where I marked with a Sharpie the correct terminals to solder to.

Attachment 12061

Remote back together. Using the soldering iron tip, I melted two small grooves into the plastic case to allow passage of the hookup wires out of the remote.

Attachment 12062

The remote velcro'd to the underside of the upper right shelter cover, and the pushbutton switch installed through the cover. it doesn't matter which of the two hookup wires goes to which switch terminal.

Attachment 12063

Exterior view of the shelter cover showing the pushbutton switch

Installed a remote garage door opener on the bottom side of the upper right shelter cover, with a pushbutton switch on the top side.
    Makes life a lot easier, and the remote is secured and protected from prying eyes, hands, and water.
    Very nice job!
    I've been looking for a small diameter switch like that, where'd you get it?