What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 4
Page 4 of 126 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    Installed my new Hambly badges.

Attachment 7812
    Wow!!! love the relief effect on the bat!!! You knocked this out of the park! Did you design it, XKnight??? Neil is a master with a CNC!!!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Quote Originally Posted by TerryB View Post
    Changed out the pumpkins for some new "smoke" lenses that I ordered from WingStuff. They really aren't that dark, but man do they look clean. I really like having no lens lines. They match the look of the headlights perfectly IMO.

I am definately going to order the SoCalMotoGear amber LEDs to complete the look.

http://wingstuff.com/products/36141-...als-for-gl1800

Hey Terry, I love my smoked lenses too. After I installed the smoked lenses, I initially ordered amber incandescent bulbs. I didn't care for the lack of brightness and the look of the amber bulb through the lens. Then I ordered amber LED bulbs from SoCalMotoGear. When I received the amber LED bulbs, they were only for the rear turn signals (two prong)...not the front turn signal type (running light and turn signal...four prong). So the bulb would only work as a turn signal, running light didn't work. SoCalMotoGear does sell a front amber LED bulb, but it is not on their website and it would take a couple of weeks to arrive because they would have to order it. They do have the white/amber switchback led bulbs, which I'm using now and sent back the two prong amber LED bulbs. The white/amber switchback is white while riding and turns amber when the turn signal is applied. It provides more light and are actually quite nice. And your bike doesn't look like you have two pumpkins when your riding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Installed Fog light fillers

I installed fog light fillers to close the gap between the round Honda LED fog lights and the square housing. I also installed lens covers to protect the fog lights from damage/debris.

Fog light fillers: http://wingstuff.com/products/35205-...?from_search=1

Fog light lens covers: http://wingstuff.com/products/31910-...?from_search=1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by VP8 View Post
    Hey Terry, I love my smoked lenses too. After I installed the smoked lenses, I initially ordered amber incandescent bulbs. I didn't care for the lack of brightness and the look of the amber bulb through the lens. Then I ordered amber LED bulbs from SoCalMotoGear. When I received the amber LED bulbs, they were only for the rear turn signals (two prong)...not the front turn signal type (running light and turn signal...four prong). So the bulb would only work as a turn signal, running light didn't work. SoCalMotoGear does sell a front amber LED bulb, but it is not on their website and it would take a couple of weeks to arrive because they would have to order it. They do have the white/amber switchback led bulbs, which I'm using now and sent back the two prong amber LED bulbs. The white/amber switchback is white while riding and turns amber when the turn signal is applied. It provides more light and are actually quite nice. And your bike doesn't look like you have two pumpkins when your riding.
    Actually, this works perfect for me then. I prefer not to have any run lights in the signals, only amber when signaling. I have plenty of light up front with the 2 headlights and 2 fog lights (which I always leave on).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryB View Post
    Actually, this works perfect for me then. I prefer not to have any run lights in the signals, only amber when signaling. I have plenty of light up front with the 2 headlights and 2 fog lights (which I always leave on).

Thanks!
    +1

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Installed a rear CT.

My first C.T. Put a Michelin Primacy Alpine Pa3 Zero Pressure on. Currently running 34 psi. From Tire Rack it was about $175 to my door, $10 to mount. I have 11,650 miles on Super Bike and the tire was ready to retire.

I made a short run for gas and a quick spin on the highway; 30 miles. My first try using Dana Beads as well, used 3 oz and it seems to be balanced fine. The only difference I noticed so far is a slight bit more effort needed for low speed lean. I had no trouble dragging a peg.... more miles need to evaluate but my first impression is I'm glad I made the change.
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

Quote Originally Posted by SmallPasture View Post
    Wow!!! love the relief effect on the bat!!! You knocked this out of the park! Did you design it, XKnight??? Neil is a master with a CNC!!!
    Thanks! I am really happy with the way it turned out. I had sent Neil an old school Batman logo and asked him to make replacement badges for the F6B and this is what he came up with. I was originally wanting a red background to match my super fast red F6B , but Neil said he didn't do colors although I'd be able to paint the badges if I wanted too. When the badges arrived I loved the look as is and just decided to install them the way they are. I think it's a great contrast with the red/black.

Rode it finally, all be it an hour tonight. This bike is a kick..
    Thank you Bro.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    Wept silently and adjusted the cover which has been on for nearly a month, more rain to come and more tears of despair too no doubt
    Living in Scotland, isn't rain gear an every day wear item? I would think you'd be used to it. Is it not worth the risk?

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    Installed my new Hambly badges.

Attachment 7812
    How do these install? Just glue them on?