What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 41
Page 41 of 126 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I'm using those same switches and it's a pretty good choice. The waterproof claim is not totally accurate but they do seem to have some resistance to casual water. If you mount these on a horizontal surface that is exposed to water, they will short out but will work again when they dry out. I haven't had that problem with the switches mounted vertically or where they are protected from direct exposure to water.
    Appreciate that feedback

You may already know but I'll throw in 2 cents just to put it out there... I think you're description is exactly why they can call it "waterproof"; there's a lot of ways to defend a waterproof claim and not get sued for false advertisement. If you or anybody absolutely needs a 100% water tight, look for switches with a suitable IP rating.

Installed a 12V socket in the left faring pocket. 5 minutes from start to finish (I watched a video link on this forum prior to install).

Hood for GPS

I had been searching for a good-looking hood for my Zumo 665. Most of what I had seen were those flimsy, floppy type hoods. The hood I received and installed today meets and even exceeds my expectations. This hood is a rigid plastic part that fits perfectly and is attached with velcro strips. The vendor is RBNS HOODS and you can see the website with pics and prices here:

http://www.priushood.com/
    Ken (Hornblower)

I gave my F6B a thorough cleaning and applied Liquid Glass for the first time.

While cleaning the windshield, I noticed a big scratch. I think I have some windshield scratch remover somewhere, but it's probably to deep.

One peculiar thing I noticed is the back wheel was completely filthy compared to the front. It's like all the road dust gets sucked up back there and is redistributed on the rear wheel.

Attachment 13532Attachment 13533Attachment 13534Attachment 13535Attachment 13536
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

Left her in the garage...

...and took Saorla (the '95 Heritage) to work.

Saorla has been brewing up a nasty case of "little-sister-itis" toward Isleen and she needed to release some steam, so off we went.

Having spent so much time on Isleen, riding Saorla was almost difficult at first.
    Scraped floorboards, throttle control, clutch shift points, center of gravity, lean angles, etc.
    Seriously, the first 5 miles were more than interesting.......
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I have the same reaction when I get on my Ultra after months of it just sitting...seems like I have to learn to ride a bike again !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I have the same reaction when I get on my Ultra after months of it just sitting...seems like I have to learn to ride a bike again !!!!!
    Because of her engine starting issues - which are now rectified through re-wiring the ignition switch - I hadn't ridden Saorla since September.
    It was a whole new game, and it was "game on."
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I installed a HealTech gear indicator, Ergo III highway pegs, and frame weld covers. I believe only the '13s came stock with the frame weld covers. I think the bike has a more finished look with them.
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

Installed a fork brace...

... of the SuperBrace variety.

Not intending to start anything here, but I will just say she feels better in the highway sweepers.
    And the ride in general feels more stable, more planted, if you will, than previously.
    This addition comes after more than 18k miles, so I do know the ride and roads well enough to notice a difference.

That is all.

As you were.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"