What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 48
Page 48 of 126 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Thanks! Now if they would just offer the vent on the F6B shield. I'm tempted to buy the Wing version with the vent but not sure on the height.
    I actually talked with a factory rep at KW and he told me that the shields for the GL1800 won't work on the F6B. I'm not sure if it's because of the adjustability on the GW's or if the holes are different. I thought the same thing but apparently its a no go on the full size shields on the 6 - which is the reason I went with the 16" - not too mention if I need more coverage I have the OEM tall w/vent.

IMO if you want the vent option Clearview's Shields are probably the way to go. Forum members seem to really enjoy that product and judging by the picture you used for me to reference (taken from their site) you've looked at them as well

Quote Originally Posted by MinnetonkaMike View Post
    I actually talked with a factory rep at KW and he told me that the shields for the GL1800 won't work on the F6B. I'm not sure if it's because of the adjustability on the GW's or if the holes are different. I thought the same thing but apparently its a no go on the full size shields on the 6 - which is the reason I went with the 16" - not too mention if I need more coverage I have the OEM tall w/vent.

IMO if you want the vent option Clearview's Shields are probably the way to go. Forum members seem to really enjoy that product and judging by the picture you used for me to reference (taken from their site) you've looked at them as well
    Yeah, I'm coming close to ordering a Clearview. Seems like the best of everything I want. I really like their design and options.

foot pegs

Got the black Ergo II footpegs, put them on and gave them a 170 mile test. I'm a happy customer. Nice to be able to move legs, on the move. Next is Switching the stock bulbs for some bright ones.

I just installed a new F4 customs 14" tinted windshield.
    It is pouring down rain,so I can not test it out.
    I am 5' 10" and can see over it and duck down just a little to see through it if I need too.
    I love the looks of it.Attachment 13790

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    Got back from a 500 mile trip yesterday and decided my Go-Cruise throttle lock was not performing as I like, so picked up a BrakeAway unit from a local dealer and put it on today. Much better. Had one on my 1300 and should have went that route to begin with.
    DaWadd,
    will this work with grip puppies do you think?
    thanks,
    Doug

I'm waiting on the windbender to show up at my door, what Honda installs on F6B is junk, plus will beat your head off, interstate riding..just saying

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Yeah, I'm coming close to ordering a Clearview. Seems like the best of everything I want. I really like their design and options.
    +1 I ride clearview 19" with vent tinted!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Added passenger pegs, backrest and rack.
    Also drove the bike like a giggling little kid..too fast and too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    DaWadd,
    will this work with grip puppies do you think?
    thanks,
    Doug
    Should work as long as the Grip Puppy isn't pushed up against BrakeAway. Funny you mentioned Grip Puppies, I have a set on order. Won't work over the the grip puppy though.

Thanks.
    I figured that,but did not want to get one and find out it would not work.
    I also can not figure why I have such a big gap between the bar end and the grip ends.
    I forgot to check at the dealer today to see if this is normal.