What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 5
Page 5 of 126 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Cool

I rode it today. We are having a heat wave here in South Carolina. It was supposed to be over 100 degrees F today. I didn't wait for it. I left around 9am and rode towards the Blue Ridge Parkway to beat the heat. Found some new roads (that's what gps is for), all two lane country roads, even in shade. Got to Hendersonville NC around 12:30, then onwards to Blue Ridge Parkway. Since next weekend I'll be riding the Dragon and other roads in the direction of Cherokee during our rally, I decided to ride to Mount Mitchell. It was a beautiful day, no rain anywhere. My F6B indicated 69 degrees F at Mount Mitchell.

Then I rode back to Chimney Rock and Lake Lure. It was only about 6pm and I wasn't tired, so I decided to ride back home (another 160 miles). I intended to stay the night somewhere but went home instead. What can I say, I'm cheap. Made it home around 9:25pm. I did take the highway as it got dark due to fear of deer at night on those backroads.

All in all another great ride!

BUMP!

I'm surprised that this thread isn't more active. In other motorcycle forums I've joined the "what did you do to your bike" threads usually have the most posts.

Let's hear about what you did with your F6B today!

Changed the Oil, filter,(Shell Rotella T6 OEM Honda Filter) and cleaned the bugs off the shield. Thinking about installing the Madstad I Got during the Franklin NC. Rally....A bit lazy today. First day I've had down time in awhile................Dickie

Gave it some exercise

Rode it into town, met friends at the coffee shop, then headed north into the countryside to let it run. Chilly, but fun.

At the risk of sounding a bit juvenile, especially at my age, I started planning and ordering some items to create a Decepticon theme. This will, of course, include some lighting but other small items to pull it off. In the near future, this will allow me to answer questions about what bike this is in a somewhat different way. Whereas I used to say "Honda" and get those disappointed looks, I will be able to say, "It's a Decepticon". Now, that will be fun OH, and BTW, there are NO pics YET.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by badpapi View Post
    dry her on a speedy ride and finish her off with a hand dry .
    I bet she liked that the best.

Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

Today I cleaned and parked my F6B in the garage, maybe for the winter. Temps are in the '20's at night, 30-40's during the day. Might warm up for a few days yet into the low 50's later this week, might not. Snow forecast for tomorrow eve. Such is life in central Alaska.

Today I am op-checking via a short ride (90 min) all the mods I did over the weekend.
    MP3 Voltmeter
    MP3 Luggage Rack with baggage attached
    Headlight covers
    Belly Pan

Just making sure everything stays on functions properly.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Saturday I rode in search of changing aspen color. First up Wrist Canyon, then over to Poudre Canyon and further up it. Surprisingly, I had to go all the way to the top of Cameron Pass to find full color -- 10,000 feet.

Attachment 8747

Some of you will like this: As I was stopped looking for a way to photograph the aspen without a telephoto lens, a couple Harleys and a new Indian passed me on the way down. By the time I started after them, I imagine they were 2-3 miles ahead of me. Now I'm a crappy and conservative rider at the best -- part of my trepidation about coming to the rally. But I told myself if I caught them by the narrows going my normal pace, I'll have made the right choice in going with The Black. I might have pressed just a little bit, but I caught them considerably before the narrows. It's uncanny how well the F6B handles for such a huge bike. Stopped off at Mishawauka Inn for a beer and sandwich to celebrate, then headed down the rest of the way and back home satisfied not only with catching the Indian so easily but with the new position Rocky's Comfort Risers provided.

Yesterday, I just cleaned The Black and watched our Broncos lose once again to Seattle, so not nearly as satisfying a day.

Sunday Ride

My wife and I were able to sneak a little 50 mile ride into the twisting rolling hills of Mid Tennessee in and around Franklin and Thompson's Station.

She liked it, but she wants more support on the back. Hoping the extended backrest support I order does the trick, or I'll be needing a new ride.