What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 52
Page 52 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

I just finished three small projects:

1. Install ram mount. I mounted it as described in this thread.

2. Hardwire power supply for GPS. I tapped into the wiring for the optional 12v outlet. I just got the TomTom Rider V5. I'm looking forward to trying the "winding roads" feature.

3. Connected Cribclicker transmitter to highbeam wiring. My wife already has the Cribclicker for her bike, so I only needed the transmitter. I lucked out and found one for sale on Ebay as they don't make it anymore. It's basically the same thing as Flash2Pash without the crappy quality control.
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

Cranked up the rear preload to compensate for the passenger and tour pak. Gave it a 130 mile test ride in the mountain twisties, slabs and cross winds. The extra preload seems to have helped out in all of these conditions including crosswinds and bursts from oncoming trucks in the crosswinds. The bike seems much more planted and the squirm is gone from putting a sail on the back. Passenger says her ride is better as well so we have 2-fer-2. Braking also appears smoother with less dive.

Preload is about 12 clicks from full on. Combined rider and passenger weight is 360 + tour pak. Still working on the diet. Tire pressure is 40/40.

I hate to be an ignorant goof, but, full loading (maximus stiffness) is all the way to the right.....correct? I ran mine all the way to the right as it was only a few clicks from full left. I can't ride due to this pitiful Houston rain, but, what riding I did get in after adjustment I am challenged to notice a huge difference. All riding has been solo. What should I expect to see?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I hate to be an ignorant goof, but, full loading (maximus stiffness) is all the way to the right.....correct? I ran mine all the way to the right as it was only a few clicks from full left. I can't ride due to this pitiful Houston rain, but, what riding I did get in after adjustment I am challenged to notice a huge difference. All riding has been solo. What should I expect to see?
    The owners manual indicates clockwise, but gives no point of reference for clockwise.

To the right/HIGH is max preload.

Attachment 13907

Haha. It's always the same; the reference is looking at the top of the moveable handle, as if you're standing above it.

So yeah; turning the adjuster clockwise will move it to the right and increase stiffness.

Yes, to the right is for full pre-load. If you look at the pic in the previous post you will see a "l-R" on the end of the adjuster. Easy to follow that. I missed that the 1st time I looked at it .

Did you mean the L H ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I think he may have missed it the 2nd time he looked at it too

Yeah looks like L- H to me.

Yup. L-H as you guys mentioned.

Installed Kuryakyn Bar Risers. A great improvement with the Mustang Seat!!!!