What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 91
Page 91 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    After a three week wait, my new windscreen finally arrived.

Clearview Shields Medium (15") Light Gray, Sport cut, Upper Recurve, with vent.....

Attachment 20638 Attachment 20639 Attachment 20640 Attachment 20641 Attachment 20642

....sT
    Looks good, Q? where do you get the GPS mount ball that goes below the key barrel like that?

Just ordered a Madstad 15" Light Grey last night. Thought I was ahead of the game when I bought the Honda Tall shield when I purchased the bike. Then I added the Baker Hand Wings hoping to reduce wind noise. I have found that the wind noise is more noticeable now that I do not have the motor or exhaust noise that I had with previous bikes. I have a half, 3/4, and a modular helmet. The half helmet is the least noisy. Based on what I have read I think it might be money well spent.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

Quote Originally Posted by Bryster View Post
    Looks good, Q? where do you get the GPS mount ball that goes below the key barrel like that?

RAM Ball Accessory Mount ( clicky )

But...you also need to manufacture a metal bracket for mounting support to go with it. Wish I could claim credit for the whole idea, but I cannot. I have our friend ths61 to thank for the inspiration.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Just added the Hopnel Tri-Pouch Flip Baggershield Windshield Pouch to my fixed baggershield. These are handy for my sunglasses, EZpass, door openers etc. I purchased stainless steel mounting hardware and plastic washers from the local Lowe's store.

Attachment 20672

I rode...

... the Rose City Motorcycle Club (RCMC) 500, a 521 mile trek thru central Oregon on a beautiful 84-87 degree day. It was magnificent!
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma

Cool I feel like lying back with a cigarette and blowing smoke rings....

Phew...

Well I think I've busted the F6B workshop cherry, I put the heated grips in.... It was the little things, the sound of popping stiff plastic clips, a center electrical connector designed for someone with 7" fingers, If I had those I wouldn't have time for this... , and the fact you basically gut the front to find stuff.

Finally got em on, there was no Honda gloop in the box to affix the left grip, so I've gone with the hairspray method, never failed on the oxfords. I like the way the factory kit goes together, for those who get one, they don't mention removing the cruise servo... *at all*, the plugs are under this and there's no mounting for the plugs you just reslip the plastic shroud over it. They supply a complete throttle tube so with some gentle persuasion of getting that out it makes life a hell of a lot easier.

Got the kit from Wingstuff with a bolt kit for the seat, big shout out to the guys it got here quickly!

And ALL PRAISE THE TAPERED SEAT BOLTS!!!!! These are great, it just centers... like that.....

Now I'm going riding with warm mitts!

Quote Originally Posted by pdxstriper View Post
    ... the Rose City Motorcycle Club (RCMC) 500, a 521 mile trek thru central Oregon on a beautiful 84-87 degree day. It was magnificent!
    Any pictures by chance Pete?

Did you get to ride with any of the others from our group?

Glad to hear you had fun, looking forward to hearing about it from you in person

A new set of safety glasses for the head lights. She is clear eyes once again.👀

Dropped mine off at Schroader's for the brake recall and to get it checked out before a trip to Virginia and West Virginia the 21st.

Finally got to ride. Rain since last Sunday. It cleared, was windy as heck, but I'm back on the road where I want to be.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.