Redskins is a Powerful Name

Thread: Redskins is a Powerful Name

Redskins is a Powerful Name

"Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

YUP!

Well there you have it. It is not the first, nor will it be the last time I will here it is NOT, offensive to the American Indian.
    I have also heard that the play by play announcers will NOT, use the name Redskins during their broadcasts.
    Good Lord people, live and let live! Quit trying to protect our feelings, put your big boy panties on and get along with your own damn life and leave everyone else's ALONE!!!!

+1 to the gentleman at 1:26, Wade Colliflower. It is always some goofy politician or some over-bearing citizen trying too hard to make everything in our world so PC. If the actual 'redskins' say themselves they have more important things to worry about, shouldn't the politicians have more pressing matters to attend to rather than something that doesn't concern them at all....

Wade Colliflower - full interview

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    +1 to the gentleman at 1:26, Wade Colliflower. ....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaX6pUnI-hQ
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Maryland Redskins would be alright with me. That would remove the offensive nature of the name.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Maryland Redskins would be alright with me. That would remove the offensive nature of the name.

Now that's funny right there!!!!