Torq Loop Update? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Torq Loop Update?

Thanks for replying for me. I've had one hell of a time making this site work. I click on stuff and get connection drops or just time-out weirdness. This is the only site that does this, on mulitple computers.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    You are correct, there are no restrictions in the TorqLoops, they have nothing inside, just precision cut & welded tubing with all mounting tabs and flared slip on ends. the set I have are not chrome so I painted them with hi-temp flat black Bar-BQ rattle can paint

I'm not seeing anybody complain about the bike throwing engine codes after removing the cats. Is this just not a problem or is there an ECM flash that comes with this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by MSGT-R View Post
    Thanks for replying for me. I've had one hell of a time making this site work. I click on stuff and get connection drops or just time-out weirdness. This is the only site that does this, on mulitple computers.
    Browser issue? Google Chrome doesn't play well with some forums on my computer; I had to downgrade to Microsoft IE

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post

I'm not seeing anybody complain about the bike throwing engine codes after removing the cats. Is this just not a problem or is there an ECM flash that comes with this mod?
    NO error codes as you still use the two OEM o2 sensors. The ECM has no way of knowing if the cats are on or off as long as the o2 sensors are hooked up. If you wanted you can put a resistor in place of the o2 sensors to fool the ECM and will not get an error code, in fact that is what you have to do if you want to run a Power Commander fuel management system on a EFI system with o2 sensors.

The only thing that throws a fault code to the ECM as far as the exhaust goes is the o2 sensor's 12v heater circuit, not the data output line. You can have an o2 sensor go bad/poisoned and as long as the heater circuit is working(showing resistance to the ECM) there will be NO error code.
    No ECM flash needed, nor as far as I have been able to tell you can't reflash the Honda ECM....ya I know there are several guys who claim you can, but after 12 yrs. building & selling an aftermarket fuel management system for EFI systems H-D and Hondas(B&B) I personally haven't seen it done with the OEM ECM. Now I have seen replacement ECU that are programmable, but the cost is way up there and would be used in a custom, high performance engine as far as I'm concerned.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I can't do a sound byte on You Tube right now until my new house is built. Right now I'm living in my RV, and I have 2GB of data on my phone per month. I'd burn it all up with a video upload. I think Jimmy has a sound byte on his Torq Masters website (?)
    Thanks for the update! You're excused for now, carry on.

The O2 sensors are before the cats, so it will not set any codes; you'd have to have an O2 before and after the cat for a comparison reading. The computer will continue to read the O2 voltage to determine stoichiometric fuel ratio so no reflash is needed.

srt8-in-largo, I have Windows Vista, and stay away from Google chrome.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

The O2 sensors are before the cats, so it will not set any codes; you'd have to have an O2 before and after the cat for a comparison reading. The computer will continue to read the O2 voltage to determine stoichiometric fuel ratio so no reflash is needed.

srt8-in-largo, I have Windows Vista, and stay away from Google chrome.

to no codes and no issues with the cats gone. I'm no expert but it kinda sounds like Honda did what Chrysler does; lock the ECU. Even though Chrysler locks their ECU, it can now be fully programmed in the aftermarket... but it took well over a year for a company called Diablosport to break the software locks. I would venture a guess and say the same could be done for GL1800 ECU's but I question whether enough aftermarket support exists for a company to recoup the cost of doing this.

I run catless midpipes in my car and the stock OEM exhaust. With the cats removed, the sound went to a decidedly lower, bass-ier sound... nothing loud and obnoxious, just a deep aggressive sound at idle and, well, ok it screams like a banshee at full throttle If the Torq Loops do something like this for the F6 I'd be a fan.

Any updates?

Any updates to this? I have the Rush pipes and wondered if this will get rid of the drone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedubya View Post
    Any updates to this? I have the Rush pipes and wondered if this will get rid of the drone.
    Yep, Torq Loopz will stop the drone 100%. Torq Loopz replace the Cat and crossover tube which is the basic cause of the dreaded drone associated with changing the F6B's slip-on mufflers in my opinion, plus they give ya a little more hp.

Plam Bay Florida, summer in Battle Creek, Mi.
    Does installing Torq Loops save much weight, I would assume it does. Also do after market exhaust such as Torq Master Pipes, or Rush Pipes, Etc. save weight from the stock exhaust.