Torq Loop Update? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Torq Loop Update?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Does installing Torq Loops save much weight, I would assume it does. Also do after market exhaust such as Torq Master Pipes, or Rush Pipes, Etc. save weight from the stock exhaust.
    Depends on what system you change to. Torq Master pipes are considerably lighter than stock but Rush pipes are fairly heavy and may even get back close to stock weight. Perhaps someone has taken the time to actually weigh both for a comparison. In any event, with the weight down low, I doubt it makes much difference .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Is anyone running TORQ LOOPZ with the stock exhaust?

Quote Originally Posted by yabiah View Post
    Is anyone running TORQ LOOPZ with the stock exhaust?
    I am

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I am
    How is the sound? Would you be able to upload a video so we can hear it idle, rev and ride by?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    How is the sound? Would you be able to upload a video so we can hear it idle, rev and ride by?
    me too

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    You can hear it live if ya like. You and a friend start up your OEM stock exhaust equipped F6B and and let it idle, rev it, get your friend to ride by you..... it will sound just like my F6B with TORQ LOOPZ, nice and quite...exactly the way I wanted and why I will never change or alter the OEM mufflers.
    I do NOT notice any difference in the sound at idle, cruse or when twisting up the wick, but then again exhaust notes are subject to everyone's own personal ears...what you hear may be different than what I hear.
    Remember, all you are doing by installing the TORQ LOOPZ on the stock exhaust is replacing the Cats, the exhaust is still passing through the same mufflers.

Note: Jimmy will not ship TORQ LOOPZ to Calif. even though he makes them here...damn C.A.R.B. laws. I had my daughter in UT. order them then she shipped them to me. The ones I received are not chrome so I did paint them in Hi-tem silver to help with rust prevention, I also did not buy the "return to stock" kit he offers as I will never reinstall the Cats. http://www.torqmasterpipes.com/

You can hear it live if ya like. You and a friend start up your OEM stock exhaust equipped F6B and and let it idle, rev it, get your friend to ride by you..... it will sound just like my F6B with TORQ LOOPZ, nice and quite...exactly the way I wanted and why I will never change or alter the OEM mufflers.
    I do NOT notice any difference in the sound at idle, cruse or when twisting up the wick, but then again exhaust notes are subject to everyone's own personal ears...what you hear may be different than what I hear.
    Remember, all you are doing by installing the TORQ LOOPZ on the stock exhaust is replacing the Cats, the exhaust is still passing through the same mufflers.

Note: Jimmy will not ship TORQ LOOPZ to Calif. even though he makes them here...damn C.A.R.B. laws. I had my daughter in UT. order them then she shipped them to me. The ones I received are not chrome so I did paint them in Hi-tem silver to help with rust prevention, I also did not buy the "return to stock" kit he offers as I will never reinstall the Cats. http://www.torqmasterpipes.com/
    Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the info.
    What, if any advantages (sans weight) are you aware of after the Torq Loopz install?

Quote Originally Posted by yabiah View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    What, if any advantages (sans weight) are you aware of after the Torq Loopz install?
    Since I have not Dynoed my F6B and have no plans to all I have for reference is my Butt Dyno and at 6'5" and 400lb I got a lot of butt to move.

I know some guy will put on a new set of louder slip-ons and swear they feel an improvement in power, but on the Dyno are proven wrong as the louder exhaust somehow relates to more power in some riders opinions, but since my set up is with stock mufflers and Torq Loopz the only thing I can say is 2d gear barks the tire when I jump on it and it would not do that stock and I have gained about 2 MPG in fuel economy, I'm not saying the Torq Loopz made a diff in the MPG as I put them on with less than 2,000 miles on the engine and the improvement may just be the engine breaking in.
    The main reason I installed the Torq Loopz is because I have always thumbed my nose at the EPA and especially C.A.R.B here in CALIF. and the thought that I might gain a few ponies and still have the quite exhaust I wanted in my F6B was a secondary gain. Maybe some day when I do some dyno runs on another Hotrod I'm building I might make a few runs with the F6B if for no other reason than grins and giggels.

This mod is sounding better and better.

Larry, don't you need to take your bike in for inspection? No issues? I *might* be moving to Morgan Hill just outside of San Jose...