cross country - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cross country

My wife has had both knees and hips replaced. We have been riding a Kawasaki Nomad for the last 7 years. Wanting something new and better for her comfort ,and something maybe easier to mount and dismount ; we tried all the touring bikes. The Vic Cross Country was in the picture ,but she wasn't all that impressed. The F6B was the last bike we looked at. Wow , she had a much easier time getting on ; and could dismount side saddle style. That sold her! End of story!

Victory

I had a 2011 Victory Vision. I had nothing but problems out of it. ABS module, rear shock are the problems I had and it seemed the warranty never covered anything. Even though I had a 5 year warranty. Victory does not stand behind its product and the dealerships are a bad joke. I now own a F6B and I will never own another Victory motorcycle again.

Victory

Well I currently have a Victory Cross Roads (windshield/hardbags only), which is in the shop for a new starter. Bike has 5k miles. I know stuff happens but this is the first bike of the 20+ that I've owned that just about stranded me on a trip. I knew about the small dealer network thing (also had BMW's, same deal) but this really drove it home for me. It took my local dealer over a week to get part and install it. Took an F6B on a long demo this past Sat and I don't see the Vic being around my garage much longer. I think Vic makes a great bike but have doubts about their quality control.

Good info here. Thanks for posting comments all. What I gleaned from this is to never consider buying a Victory.

I rode the Vision and felt very comforable, lots of power but, just could not warm-up to the "Buck Rodgers" design. The Cross tour [or what ever it's called] didn't feel as good as the F6B.
    \Never had intentions on buying a motorcycle, nothing out thier really grabbed me like the Honda.

CrossCountry

Well, I got both now. Different bikes for different moods I reckon. My Vic is 2010 and I dumped an e-glide for it. More stretch out for rider and passenger. I like the 6 spd for sure. I'm always looking for that 6th gear on the F6B. Got D&D's on the Vic and I like the sound. Big, easy access bags. No issues with mine. I got the F6B before ever riding one. It just looks so cool and I had many Hondas many years ago. I tell friends that the F6B is the crotch rocket for men of aggressive maturity. It handles so dang good that I have to talk myself down before I get into trouble. I put the adjustable Baggershield and rider mini boards on it and definitely like it much more now. I like both my bikes.