Fork Brace? - Page 15
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Fork Brace?

I see your reasoning. I think like that sometimes about manufacturers, but a lot of it is money saving. Look at the stock windscreen. Almost everyone changes it right away, so why do they keep it? Personally, in my short stint with mine, I see no need to add anything like that. This bike handles the road a lot better than my old bike....I'm in heaven riding it. As you, this is my opinion only.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Okay, this is coming from someone who has almost no opinion, good or bad on a fork brace. And even less knowledge on one. But, it might bring up an interesting discussion (or maybe just be ignored).

It comes to mind why something so simple as a fork brace is not included in Honda's original design.
    Cost.

Maybe the flex lessens the strain on other parts. Not limited to fork sleeves/sliders, seals - even tires? It seems if the forks were completely rigid, bumps would be felt more by the internals? Opinions?
    Front shocks are designed to take care of the bump(s) via VERTICAL articulation. Not LATERAL articulation. Fork seals/sliders and sleeves are designed to accommodate the VERTICAL function of the shock.

You ever see the residual rings of dirt and oil that will commonly appear on a front fork stanchion (the shiny part)?. Those dirt/oil rings are now gone since installing the fork brace. There is no lateral "flex" with the seals/dust covers and the fork stanchion. No oil will weep out since the seal is not being flexed laterally, thanks to the brace that holds the top of the shock tubes more firmly than before.

Again, this is just up for thought. I'm not arguing any ones point of view.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537