Fork Brace? - Page 10
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fork Brace?

Tar Snakes

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but will a fork brace help with tar snakes? I don't know if it is the weight of the bike, the tires, or lack of a fork brace, but my F6B feels especially squirrely when I hit the tar snakes in a curve. The F6B is about 200 pounds heavier than the next heaviest bike I ever owned, so maybe it is just the nature of the beast.
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyRider View Post
    I don't know if this has been brought up before, but will a fork brace help with tar snakes? I don't know if it is the weight of the bike, the tires, or lack of a fork brace, but my F6B feels especially squirrely when I hit the tar snakes in a curve. The F6B is about 200 pounds heavier than the next heaviest bike I ever owned, so maybe it is just the nature of the beast.
    It's the tires. Very common with many bikes.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

+1 on the tar snake issue..The tires on the F6B have a big groove down the center tread which makes tar-snakes an "enemy"....Just be aware and slow down if it becomes nasty....Ride safe

Recommending Forkbrace

Had my Honda mechanic install my Kuryaken Black Forkbrace p/n KUR-7349 from Cycleplicity today. Extremely happy with my purchase. $149 delivered the next day & $50 to have them professionally installed and documented with my bike. I could not be happier with a $200 purchase. As stated by many of the members above = I noticed a distinct difference in handling as soon as I left the dealership. Bike feels extremely solid up front now. I tested them out on grated bridges and on chewed up roads that are about to be resurfaced. I would recommend this modification to anyone who rides. Sincerely glad that I read this thread. Thanks! Quite an improvement for such a small investment. Forkbraces should come standard on all bikes.

Ive just fitted a Superbrace on my 15, but havent taken her out yet as Im still waiting for my new speakers to arrive, so dash is out.
    I'll report my view of the brace in a few days.
    Best wishes all.
    Ken
    2015 Blue F6B
    Cairns AUSTRALIA

Let me ask a stupid question here

I have read a lot on the fork brace before I bought mine and ALSO AFTER. I have read a few negative things, but my question is this-----

Who has purchased one and wish they had not done it and are very unhappy with their purchase! And then, WHY are you unhappy.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BEIST View Post
    Had my Honda mechanic install my Kuryaken Black Forkbrace p/n KUR-7349 from Cycleplicity today. Extremely happy with my purchase. $149 delivered the next day & $50 to have them professionally installed and documented with my bike. I could not be happier with a $200 purchase. As stated by many of the members above = I noticed a distinct difference in handling as soon as I left the dealership. Bike feels extremely solid up front now. I tested them out on grated bridges and on chewed up roads that are about to be resurfaced. I would recommend this modification to anyone who rides. Sincerely glad that I read this thread. Thanks! Quite an improvement for such a small investment. Forkbraces should come standard on all bikes.
    I still maintain that if Honda engineers felt this bike "really needed" a fork brace, they would have added something along the way...This bike has been built with this suspension, basically, since 2001....JMHO....Not to say that some of the more aggressive riders and those that load it down might feel a little improvement under certain conditions....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I still maintain that if Honda engineers felt this bike "really needed" a fork brace, they would have added something along the way...This bike has been built with this suspension, basically, since 2001....JMHO....Not to say that some of the more aggressive riders and those that load it down might feel a little improvement under certain conditions....Ride safe
    Almost anything can be improved on. Why just settle for "satisfactory" opas ride?

Do you think the stock OEM seat is well engineered too; for a long ride on it? Many do not... and there is HUGE felt improvement with aftermarket and/or modified seats

Fork stabilizers improve handling and work well on many other bikes. No reason why they could not on a F6B. I shall have me one soon myself.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

You beat me to the response!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Almost anything can be improved on. Why just settle for "satisfactory" opas ride?

Do you think the stock OEM seat is well engineered too; for a long ride on it? Many do not... and there is HUGE felt improvement with aftermarket and/or modified seats

Fork stabilizers improve handling and work well on many other bikes. No reason why they could not on a F6B. I shall have me one soon myself.

These are the same designers/engineers that make us switch out the seats, add risers and highway bars, etc....---how many riders are using the same stock windshield? Is it not true that it was put there and deemed adequate by the same engineers and designers? It should be sufficient and OK for everybody, too????? Right???

Not trying to offend anybody, but it reminds me of my 5 year old grandson who refuses to eat cherry pie, strawberries or watermelon because it is red. Everybody tells him it tastes great and he would love it if he would only try it, but no--can't force it down his throat! Therefore he misses out on something good because he won't try it even though the consensus from everybody THAT HE TRUSTS is that it is great!

BTW---I am still waiting to hear from somebody who has one installed and are not happy with it. I agree that some items are a waste of money and do not perform up to their price point, but I don't recall the brace being in that group. Again, just my humble opinion--your milage may vary.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ordered from WingStuff.com.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537