Fork Brace? - Page 13
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fork Brace?

Quote Originally Posted by Willl View Post
    That's the one I installed, top notch
    Yep... machined well. I've installed a fork brace on my past DL650 Vstrom... and the resultant effect on the bike's line of travel was hugely sensed. For the positive.

No more wandering.
    No more vagueness in steering at slow speed
    Increased high speed stability in crosswinds and passing/being passed by larger vehicles - THIS is the most important effect that the brace provides

I don't make this up. It's no bullshit. Fork braces work.

Nothing but good comes from stabilizing the front forks And....

....Superbrace has a 90 day guarantee... or your money back. Who would even attempt to refute a deal like this???

opas_ride maybe ?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Yep... machined well. I've installed a fork brace on my past DL650 Vstrom... and the resultant effect on the bike's line of travel was hugely sensed. For the positive.

No more wandering.
    No more vagueness in steering at slow speed
    Better high speed stability in crosswinds and passing/being passed by larger vehicles - THIS is the most important effect that the brace provides

I don't make this up. It's no bullshit. Fork braces work.

Nothing but good comes from stabilizing the front forks And....

....Superbrace has a 90 day guarantee... or your money back. Who would even attempt to refute a deal like this??? opas_ride maybe ?
    Well, color me converted, I fitted the same last week, took for an extended spin yesterday, it's removed the 'rubbery' feel when you wiggle the bars, and tracks nicely when swinging quickly (as a Hondapotamus does) It was that disconnect on quick movements that bugged me. I ride a ST1300 all day every work day, and I guess it made it more pronounced when I jumped on the F6B.

Read heaps of comments, negative and positive, and I'm personally more than pleased with the result.

Just finished installing the SuperBrace; re-seated the front axle. Going to take her out for a spin and see how better she handles

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

This Super Brace has made my bike track like it's on a rail. Definite improvement in the front end as soon as I left the driveway. It is very easy to feel the difference at speed; than when it was not installed.

There is no more perceptible "wiggle" in the handlebars at a walking speed. It is gone.

It has improved the handling; as I remember it improving the handling on my past Suzuki DL650

It fits very well and is aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Looks like OEM.

A fork brace is a modification I highly recommend for our F6B's.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I installed my Superbrace last week and noticed a difference even though I only took it on about a 5 mile ride

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I installed my Superbrace last week and noticed a difference even though I only took it on about a 5 mile ride
    Difference good? Difference bad?

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    This Super Brace has made my bike track like it's on a rail. Definite improvement in the front end as soon as I left the driveway. It is very easy to feel the difference at speed; than when it was not installed.

There is no more perceptible "wiggle" in the handlebars at a walking speed. It is gone.

It has improved the handling; as I remember it improving the handling on my past Suzuki DL650

It fits very well and is aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Looks like OEM.

A fork brace is a modification I highly recommend for our F6B's.

+1

Does the fork brace improve the ride over bumpy patches?

Although I have not experienced the low speed wiggle nor the high speed instability, my F6B is easily "unnerved" when hitting bumpy stretches of highway at moderate speed. It feels jittery and seems to rattle the front end as I traverse the cracks and pits in our highway system, and it gets a little scary in corners, almost as if the front wheel is not fully in contact with the road until the pavement smooths out. Do you folks think the fork brace will help with this? My bike runs well and tracks nicely on good surfaces for the 6500 miles I have on it. Thanks.

My Super Brace removed 100% of my low speed wiggle and firmed up my front suspension a little bit at speed (10-20%)

Your results may vary

Quote Originally Posted by Dfinkelsteinmd View Post
    Although I have not experienced the low speed wiggle nor the high speed instability, my F6B is easily "unnerved" when hitting bumpy stretches of highway at moderate speed. It feels jittery and seems to rattle the front end as I traverse the cracks and pits in our highway system, and it gets a little scary in corners, almost as if the front wheel is not fully in contact with the road until the pavement smooths out. Do you folks think the fork brace will help with this? My bike runs well and tracks nicely on good surfaces for the 6500 miles I have on it. Thanks.
    Yes. And if it doesn't (which I highly doubt that happening), you can send it back for a refund.

I do predict however; you will not send it back; once installed...

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537