Fork Brace? - Page 3
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fork Brace?

Come on now...that how bike forums work....nany nany boo hoo........

I will say this and this is not meant to offend.... there are people who can "RIDE" a bike and feel everything it is doing and how.....there are folks who ride for the pleasure of riding and have no ideal if they are running out of gas or have a flat tire.....just different people/riders.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Ain't living in the USA great!!!...Freedom of choice and opinions in most cases...Too each his own as they say!!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Ain't living in the USA great!!!...Freedom of choice and opinions in most cases...Too each his own as they say!!

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Come on now...that how bike forums work....nany nany boo hoo........

I will say this and this is not meant to offend.... there are people who can "RIDE" a bike and feel everything it is doing and how.....there are folks who ride for the pleasure of riding and have no ideal if they are running out of gas or have a flat tire.....just different people/riders.....
    No doubt on all counts. However, this board is very tame compared to some of the other bike forums. I mean the threads on the GW forum about fork braces get real heated to the point of all out anarchy.

Just want to add one more comment based on the last post above..If these "fork braces" are supposedly the greatest thing since sliced bread, why all the controversy? Many GW riders with thousands of miles have no use or need for them, others claim they are the answer to solve their problems...Curious at best, kind of sounds like heated oil opinions/threads...I'm done now on this issue...Ride safe and enjoy the rally!!!

I installed my black Kury Gen.2 fork brace today. Very easy install and based on the quick test ride I took I believe the brace definitely makes the bike feel more stable in slow speed maneuvers. Did a bunch of close quarter U-turns and the bike felt better than ever. It's rock solid now compared to before when I could feel more movement/wiggle up front. Can't speak for high speed stability yet since I only road around my neighborhood at no more than 45 MPH to test the fork brace and make sure nothing was binding.

Everyone gets to have an opinion, and everyone gets to decide how much they'll value each opinion. I know very little about fork braces, but I just ordered a SuperBrace and will try it on my bike, because Firetech told me at the rally it's made a real difference in his bike, and I trust his opinion. We all get to spout off, and we all get to choose how much attention to pay to the spouting.

I plan to try the fork brace after 10k miles or so.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMike View Post
    Everyone gets to have an opinion, and everyone gets to decide how much they'll value each opinion. I know very little about fork braces, but I just ordered a SuperBrace and will try it on my bike, because Firetech told me at the rally it's made a real difference in his bike, and I trust his opinion. We all get to spout off, and we all get to choose how much attention to pay to the spouting.
    I am not sure either. We have a lot of customers that have purchased the Kuryakyn Fork Braces from us and all have positive feedback.
    I decided to put one on my bike after I got back the other day from the Rally in Franklin. Have not ridden enough on it yet to have any opinion one way or the other yet. It sure looks a lot better on there compared to the black plastic though.

Opposed to fork braces? Don't get gay married. Or wait, something like that. Whatever.