Fork Brace? - Page 7
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fork Brace?

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Brace is not needed but did improve high speed and low speed handling on mine. I have had the Superbrace on for many miles and believe "For Me" it is a big improvement.Before the brace I had no wobble or have heard it was a problem.
    DITTO!!!

I noticed a huge difference when changing lanes on the freeway. Sometimes I would get that little "wiggle" from the cracks or lines in the road. Not anymore! This is a large bike that pushes a lot of air out of the way at high speeds and the brace noticeably keeps my bike stable. I was skeptical about them too because I never had one before, but after my experience on the F6B I bought a brace for my Sportster and I'm extremely happy with the results. Much more stable at all speeds and especially when changing lanes on the freeway/highway. I have the Superbrace on both bikes, and I think the first thing I will buy for all future bikes will be a Superbrace.

I have always done the majority of my major mods over the L O N G C O L D Wi winters. I find that getting on the bike after not having ridden it for 5 months or so that anything that I have done to it is a new riding/learning experience. The brace, not sure which one yet and going Darkside , will be done before the spring riding season.

As always interesting discussion. Working with limited funds,I have a list of things to do with the bike that do not include dazzle. First on the list are lights to allow me to see better at night in the canyons and mountains.
    Reading this is making me think to revamp what comes after that as handling is a big thing also.
    My bike does shake it's head at low speed if I take my hands off the bars .
    My CBR did the same thing head shake at <40 mph)but I finally talked the mechanic at the dealer to tighten the steering head and cure the problem and improve the handling of the bike.
    I am going to try the same thing(under a warranty complaint ) with my F6,then past that will plan to install a fork brace. The helibars from a physics standpoint make sense also. I can appreciate that Mother Honda gave us stiff bars with an 'I' design but seems to me they are a little long and allow some flex also.
    All in all I don't have 'pucker' moments with the bike,so no real complaint but if there is something that makes it handle better,it becomes second on my list to the lights I need.

Whats the difference?

A brace is a brace. Correct??? It gives stability.

What makes the $200 Superbrace function better than the $150 Kury? Not knocking the Superbrace but what does it do better?
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    A brace is a brace. Correct??? It gives stability.
    What makes the $200 Superbrace function better than the $150 Kury? Not knocking the Superbrace but what does it do better?
    .... And why is the Traxxion brace $299.99?
    What does the Traxxion offer that is different / better / ? that the Kury at half the price?

Just good "marketing hype" my friends....Trying to convince the buyer that a brace is a brace is a brace!!..Most of us that ride the F6B have no need for a fork brace and will never miss not having one...Some like em, some don't notice any difference, some wouldn't waste the money...Too each his own as they say......Done with this thread!!!....Ride safe

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

This is a contest for FUN

Out of the 3 braces, please identify the guy that is using the Kury Brace on the attached photo

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

Out of the 3 braces, please identify the guy that is using the Kury Brace on the attached photo

The guy in the middle ?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

That just isn't right..............

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
    That just isn't right..............

I'm the guy with the SuperBrace installed

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.