Fork Brace? - Page 9
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fork Brace?

Took the B out after the kury brace and the frt end does seem more smooth and tighter in the turns...Definitely a good purchase IMHO...We'll see later how she responds in the fast twisties...
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ordered the Kury

You guys sold me on the fork brace.

Quote Originally Posted by BEIST View Post
    You guys sold me on the fork brace.
    Report some feedback/opinion if you get a chance...I am still not convinced I need one with my style of riding....Some have had reported positive results, others not so much....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Report some feedback/opinion if you get a chance...I am still not convinced I need one with my style of riding....Some have had reported positive results, others not so much....Ride safe
    I noticed a difference on straight rough roads. Didn't need to take it to the twisties, but did notice a difference there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    I noticed a difference on straight rough roads. Didn't need to take it to the twisties, but did notice a difference there as well.
    Thanks for the response,and not trying to be a "smart ass", please define any "difference" on straight and twisty roads...Regards

Thanks for the response,and not trying to be a "smart ass", please define any "difference" on straight and twisty roads...Regards
    On a straight rough road, it handles the bumps and imperfections better. Less feedback into the handlebars and less impact on steering. Basically holds the road better.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    On a straight rough road, it handles the bumps and imperfections better. Less feedback into the handlebars and less impact on steering. Basically holds the road better.

Did you loosen your pinch bolts and re-seat your axle; after you attached your Fork Brace?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Did you loosen your pinch bolts and re-seat your axle; after you attached your Fork Brace?
    I put on the Traxxion multi-piece (not the 2 piece) brace and did the width adjustments with the brace.

I liked the improvement, so shortly after, I had the Traxxion Mega Monty (minus top triple tree clamp) install done, so the forks were removed and completely redone.

I noticed the difference before I got in 3rd gear on straight road. Best way I know to explain it is that it tightened up the feel of the bike. I never noticed any lag in the steering---not saying there is any---but when I put the brace on the steering became more responsive. It is not something you need---but it did make a difference to me.

OTOH---Helibars advertise their bar across the center will do the same thing. I did not tell any difference when I installed them, but to be truthful, I already had the Superbrace in place when I put on the bars. Maybe that is a true statement without the brace.

Summary: It does make a difference for the better.
    Question: Does a rider really need it? No
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    I noticed the difference before I got in 3rd gear on straight road. Best way I know to explain it is that it tightened up the feel of the bike. I never noticed any lag in the steering---not saying there is any---but when I put the brace on the steering became more responsive. It is not something you need---but it did make a difference to me.

OTOH---Helibars advertise their bar across the center will do the same thing. I did not tell any difference when I installed them, but to be truthful, I already had the Superbrace in place when I put on the bars. Maybe that is a true statement without the brace.

Summary: It does make a difference for the better.
    Question: Does a rider really need it? No
    Thanks for the reply and I agree with your assessment. I will leave things alone for now as I don't really feel the need...Kind of like ice cream ,great stuff by itself but a little better with some chocolate sauce topping....Ride safe