Hope we get retrofit kit-cruise control
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hope we get retrofit kit-cruise control

Hope we get retrofit kit-cruise control

Well I hope we can retrofit the cruise control from new 2015 F6B. I really hope Honda comes out with retro fit kit soon for 2013 and 14 models.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    How much would you pay for the kit?

Surely the components (cruise/throttle control unit, cabling and mounting, switch gear) from the GL1800 will cross over? Or maybe it takes ECM programming or replacement as well?

Edit: Examples>

http://www.hondaofrussellville.com/f...14&fveh=206587

Quote Originally Posted by Bike44 View Post
    Surely the components (cruise/throttle control unit, cabling and mounting, switch gear) from the GL1800 will cross over? Or maybe it takes ECM programming or replacement as well?

Edit: Examples>

Nope. I just called Russellville and they said it's not possible.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Anything is possible,,, WHAT would you PAY for this kit??

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Not to be Debbie Downer, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them price this high or even not make a kit readily available. Keep people from adding it, so as to not affect new bike sales. Seen it happen in the aviation industry dozens of times. In fact, Piper had a mod that they put on an airplane to increase gross weight and they refused to make it available as a retrofit to the older airplanes. It's stock on the new ones, and the only way to get it is to buy the new model.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Not to be Debbie Downer, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them price this high or even not make a kit readily available. Keep people from adding it, so as to not affect new bike sales. Seen it happen in the aviation industry dozens of times. In fact, Piper had a mod that they put on an airplane to increase gross weight and they refused to make it available as a retrofit to the older airplanes. It's stock on the new ones, and the only way to get it is to buy the new model.
    Not from Honda, but there already are a couple of options to add electronic cruise control right? I may look into one of them myself. Not a high priority though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    IDK. But I just called Honda and the customer rep said it is very unlikely. And I just bought my F6B 2 weeks ago. I'm really pissed. Cuz I really want to hold on to this bike for a long time. Anyways I guess cannot do anything. I'll check into -------- option. Better to spend 1k than trade and loose 3 to 4 grand. I'll try to find someone who is willing to install -------- for $300 to $400

Also We don't know how much reliable -------- is or how it performs compared to factory one. It SUCKS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    IDK. But I just called Honda and the customer rep said it is very unlikely. And I just bought my F6B 2 weeks ago. I'm really pissed. Cuz I really want to hold on to this bike for a long time. Anyways I guess cannot do anything. I'll check into -------- option. Better to spend 1k than trade and loose 3 to 4 grand. I'll try to find someone who is willing to install -------- for $300 to $400

Also We don't know how much reliable -------- is or how it performs compared to factory one. It SUCKS !!!
    I wouldn't be too upset. Didn't you buy a 13 like I did? I got a really good deal. You did buy it without cruise and it was ok. I wouldn't beat yourself up about it. You had to know , at least I did, that the cruise was gonna come with a new model. I'm not surprised in the least. It has been one of the biggest griefs I've heard, and Honda too, about the F6Bs. Honda lost a lot of potential sales just for that reason.

As far as adding the cruise, I may think about the Rostra or the MC Cruise. Either way I'd still be money ahead of having waited for a 2015 model. As far as reliability, I know lots of Valkyrie owners who have added electronic cruise with great results.

Rostra for about $250. F6B OEM cruise control bar buttons for ~$100. 8 hours on a weekend. Done.