i guess we are not alone - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i guess we are not alone

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I've never NOT done this....no issues.
    But inquiring minds and the helicopter pilot in me (if it hasn't gone wrong yet, it is about to go wrong) needs to experiment and see if this is an issue.
    Today, helmet & gloves first, sit on bike, aim bike out the driveway, start and GO!
    We'll see what happens....

Cheers,
    Steve
    My little girl is just "not smooth" without a warmup. As soon as the needle moves up from "C" - she's happy again.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

High Idle

I'm sure the high idle is the computer compensating for the cold engine as mine does that when cold. I start mine put on the gear, gloves, helmet and such and by that time the idle is down and it has never hesitated when cold at all. I don't really like starting a cold motor and just hitting it right away. I even let my truck and cars warm a bit before moving just to get the oil flowing without a load on the motor.

shooter
    It just makes sense Dog. I never just jump in or on something and take off. Let those lubricants get in all the right places.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    It just makes sense Dog. I never just jump in or on something and take off. Let those lubricants get in all the right places.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I had really good intentions with that statement 53. You've been hanging around the other Steve too much.

I had really good intentions with that statement 53. You've been hanging around the other Steve too much.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. Tell it to the psychiatrist...Dr. Freud.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Intentions aside, that was funny!

My 2013 did the same thing and I also almost dropped it and hurt my back trying to hold it up. But my 2015 has never had a problem. Could be just the 2013's, Have you had a chance to take it in?

I always let my bike get to normal operating temp before taking off but it still stumbles til about 4th gear. But after that it's good. 2013 B

I feel lucky for once / I start mine and go never a hesitation. (I know I should warm it up but I usually just take it slow for the first foot or two.)

Do you guys have the models with carbs? (Sorry / I am usually the one that has any available problem)
    Did you shoot and barbecue that damn bush hog?

I have another idea back when I was a kid they always told me to take my 1968 Camaro out on the highway and go as fast as I could to burn the carbon out. I have done this with everything I own and my cars all have over 200000 miles and still run strong. If you baby an engine it just will not like it when you need to use it hard. I believe that if you ride around slow all the time the engine will never run to its full potential. I think the best thing to do is ride it like you stole it most of the time.
    Steve