To Debadge the front - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To Debadge the front

Goof off takes the stuff off - and the paint, all the way down to the plastic. I had to re paint the front. Please dont repeat my mistake.

pulled them off and goo gone then the only the Shadows remained

I returned from Franklin determined to remove the badging.

I hooked my finger nail under the letters and slowly pulled them off. Then I dabbed goo gone on the remaining tape. I used my finger nail carefully to remove the majority of the tape and then more goo gone for the last little bits. Rubbed it with only the skin on my finger.
    After that I could see the outline / shadow of the letters in the paint. It really showed in the sunlight on the Black paint. I pulled out the car polisher and some swirl remover and buffed it out. Then waxed as usual. Looks nice now. I did notice the same shadow on the tail section and realized I had forgotten to buff that out. All's well now.

Quote Originally Posted by mike2000t View Post
    Goof off takes the stuff off - and the paint, all the way down to the plastic. I had to re paint the front. Please dont repeat my mistake.
    Yeah, Goof Off and Goo Gone are two entirely different things . Like you, I have found Goof Off extremely aggressive and, as a result, I find very few uses for it. It definitely should NOT be used on our soft paint .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by FF-Ed View Post
    I got to "Man Up" and just go for it... that front and rear logo has got to go..
    hey portsmouth! right up 32 west in batavia here. down by the OLD ford plant. yall keep on winginit rick
    do you know what it means to, walk alone? do you know what it means to, walk by yourself? do you know how it feels TO LOVE A WOMAN YOU CANT HAVE? THEN, YOU KNOW THE MEANING OF THE BLUES!!!!!!! joe bonnamassa

Decepticon Badge

OK...now, that you've debadged the front, what about a nice Decepticon emblem ? Steve 0080, I'm pretty sure you can get these in chrome

Check it out:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...mblem&_sacat=0
    Ken (Hornblower)

Autobot

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    OK...now, that you've debadged the front, what about a nice Decepticon emblem ? Steve 0080, I'm pretty sure you can get these in chrome

Check it out:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...mblem&_sacat=0
    Is the Autobot the Good guys?
    I have been thinking of autobot side emblems by hambly with the LED circle from Rick W.
    Sweetie has a 4 year old grandson that would freak if he saw that!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    Is the Autobot the Good guys?
    I have been thinking of autobot side emblems by hambly with the LED circle from Rick W.
    Sweetie has a 4 year old grandson that would freak if he saw that!
    Yes, I believe Autobots are the good guys. Ah, the things we do for our grandkids
    Ken (Hornblower)

Yes, I believe Autobots are the good guys. Ah, the things we do for our grandkids
    Autobots on one side, Decepticons on the other. Way far too cool.

Yeah, Goof Off and Goo Gone are two entirely different things . Like you, I have found Goof Off extremely aggressive and, as a result, I find very few uses for it. It definitely should NOT be used on our soft paint .
    Yup, been using Goo Gone for year and it works great with no negative effects on paint.

Cool Hand Luke pointed me in the direction of these car letters @ http://chromecarletters.com
    I bought the black chrome Mercedes Benz letters. Bought 6 pieces to put "F6B" in place of the HONDA badges on the front fairing and back deck. They were fairly inexpensive. Would post pics, but haven't found the time to debadge, wash, and apply the new letters yet.