Mustang Tripper Deluxe Question

Thread: Mustang Tripper Deluxe Question

Mustang Tripper Deluxe Question

Greetings all !

New guy on the block here. I did a search to no avail so I will ask here: Any Mustang Tripper Deluxe Seat owners experience a problem removing their side covers once the seat was installed?

Just read a review on a parts dealer's site where the reviewer said he returned his since he could not access the side panel for battery or pre-load shock adjustment without having to remove the seat.

Anyone care to comment as to their experience or lack thereof with this reported problem?

Thanks to all respondents in advance.

P.

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    Greetings all ! New guy on the block here. I did a search to no avail so I will ask here: Any Mustang Tripper Deluxe Seat owners experience a problem removing their side covers once the seat was installed? Just read a review on a parts dealer's site where the reviewer said he returned his since he could not access the side panel for battery or pre-load shock adjustment without having to remove the seat. Anyone care to comment as to their experience or lack thereof with this reported problem? Thanks to all respondents in advance. P.
    It is a little tighter then the stock seat but not a problem.
    I have had mine off and on quite a few times.

I have not had my side covers off as yet since the Mustang seat was installed, but I can say that the tolerances are very, very, tight. I can barely get a micro-fiber towel between seat and side covers so we will see down the road...BTW, I had the dealer attach a pig-tail fitting to the battery terminals and it comes out in the opening on the black covers behind the side ones..I secured it with a small piece of black tape and so far so good...Have not yet had to adjust the rear suspension so I cannot comment except the people at Mustang told me that with a little manipulation and patience the side covers can be taken off and on without removing the seat......

When I was installing the Mustang seat the side covers popped off a few times, but I haven't tried removing them since the install. I have no doubt that with a little patience and maneuverability it can be done and I'm sure it will be easier to get the side covers off than it was to install the seat which was a major PITA, but glad I did it because the Mustang seat is much more comfortable than the stock seat.

Rather than risk breaking something, which I'm really good at, I just loosen the four seat bolts. No need to completely remove then, just loosen them up a bit. Gives you that little bit extra slack.
    Ray

2013 F6B Deluxe with Hannigan Trike Kit (all repainted metallic silver)
    2007 EZGO Electric Golf Cart

+1...Sounds like good advise, I will give it try when necessary.....Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Ray H View Post
    Rather than risk breaking something, which I'm really good at, I just loosen the four seat bolts. No need to completely remove then, just loosen them up a bit. Gives you that little bit extra slack.
    Good idea Ray!

There is no way I could have removed my side covers with the seat on (especially the clutch side with that tab way up there).

I could barely force a credit card between the seat and side covers. It was that tight.

I modified my seat, cutting about 1/2" off where the side covers are and it was still a bi!ch to put the clutch side, side cover back on.

I gotta try loosening the bolts next time.
    Albuquerque, NM

Thank you all !
    Ray, great idea on loosening the bolts first.