Laid it down !!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Laid it down !!!

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    I believe the OP is 5'-4" so his inseam is probably less than 30". Like you, I have a 30" inseam and was almost flat footed with the stock seat and am totally flat footed with the 1" lower Mustang seat. Once the bike is rolling none of it matters anymore, but it sure is nice to have the stability of being able to put my feet down all the way at stops and it sure helps when maneuvering the bike in gravel parking lots. I've never owned a bike that I couldn't flat foot so can't relate to the folks that ride on tippy toes.
    I have contemplated the Mustang seat, but a couple of things are holding me back.

I could appreciate a lower seat height for the obvious reason most want it, but riding my bike with the stock seat, I have to wonder how that lower seat height will affect my comfort level while riding? With the stock seat height, it feels pretty natural with my feet on the pegs. I also have Kury IIIs to stretch out too. I would be concerned that the lower seat height would maybe feel more cramped while actually riding. I dunno. What do you think?

The other thing would be my love of having a proper back support. The other day I rode my Valkyrie for the first time in awhile. It has been sitting mostly since I purchased my F6B in July. I knew,but didn't realize, how much more comfortable my Valkyrie is. My Valkyrie has Ultimate King Big Boy seat with rider and passenger back rests. With my feet up on the highway pegs, leaning back on the backrest, it feels like a 100 hp lazyboy. All this to say I know that I want a similar feel when all said and done with the seating on the F6B.

Another member here has custom fit a Utopia back rest to his Mustang seat, so that could be an answer . Kind of leaning towards the Ultimate seat though, hoping the experience would be similar to my Valkyrie. I absolutely love the looks of the Corbin seats, but worried my butt and my passenger's butt wouldn't be as appreciative of the "firm" seat foam that Corbin uses.

So other than seat height to ground, what's your impressions of the overall comfort and seat peg relationship?

Just a side note. When I came back from the ride on my Valkyrie, I told my wife that riding the Valkyrie, I feel like a "BIKER" with it's six into six Cobra exhaust and flamboyant nature. On the F6B, well,,,, more like a "motorcyclist"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I have contemplated the Mustang seat, but a couple of things are holding me back.

I could appreciate a lower seat height for the obvious reason most want it, but riding my bike with the stock seat, I have to wonder how that lower seat height will affect my comfort level while riding? With the stock seat height, it feels pretty natural with my feet on the pegs. I also have Kury IIIs to stretch out too. I would be concerned that the lower seat height would maybe feel more cramped while actually riding. I dunno. What do you think?

The other thing would be my love of having a proper back support. The other day I rode my Valkyrie for the first time in awhile. It has been sitting mostly since I purchased my F6B in July. I knew,but didn't realize, how much more comfortable my Valkyrie is. My Valkyrie has Ultimate King Big Boy seat with rider and passenger back rests. With my feet up on the highway pegs, leaning back on the backrest, it feels like a 100 hp lazyboy. All this to say I know that I want a similar feel when all said and done with the seating on the F6B.

Another member here has custom fit a Utopia back rest to his Mustang seat, so that could be an answer . Kind of leaning towards the Ultimate seat though, hoping the experience would be similar to my Valkyrie. I absolutely love the looks of the Corbin seats, but worried my butt and my passenger's butt wouldn't be as appreciative of the "firm" seat foam that Corbin uses.

So other than seat height to ground, what's your impressions of the overall comfort and seat peg relationship?

Just a side note. When I came back from the ride on my Valkyrie, I told my wife that riding the Valkyrie, I feel like a "BIKER" with it's six into six Cobra exhaust and flamboyant nature. On the F6B, well,,,, more like a "motorcyclist"
    I definitely understand your concerns and had similar ones before ordering the Mustang seat. I don't feel at all cramped on this seat. In fact, I now sit completely against the back of the seat and feel like I'm more in the bike instead of on top of it like the stock seat. Also, the Mustang has the best back support of any seat without an add on back rest that I've ever owned. With the Mustang seat I don't need an aftermarket backrest anymore. It's really that good, at least for me. I have the Rivco Aero pegs and can reach them with no problem. between the back support and being able to pace my feet on the pegs, highway cruising has become a dream. I didn't think it possible, but the F6B has become my most comfortable bike.

I've had Corbin and Ultimate seats before on other bikes nd both companies are excellent. The Corbin seats have always been firmer than the others, which I didn't mind, but others don't care for the extra firmness. The Ultimate seats were fantastic in comfort and quality. I would say they are comparable to Mustang and probably my favorite overall seat company. If Ultimate had offered a low rider seat for the F6B I would have bought it over the Mustang. That being said, if you're looking for a great F6B seat that will lower you and offer back support then the Mustang is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    I've known a few folks that have bought bikes that are simply too big and heavy for their size or abilities. They usually end up selling the big bikes and getting something smaller and end up much happier. Hope you get it all sorted out.
    What he said..growing up with 250's 450's, 750's 1200's in the 70's The royal star 1300 didn't gel with my brain stem muscle memory. I've down sized & couldn't be happier..just reflex control & much much more relaxed & confident..just saying...

Cutting some out out of the stock seat

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dave View Post
    What he said..growing up with 250's 450's, 750's 1200's in the 70's The royal star 1300 didn't gel with my brain stem muscle memory. I've down sized & couldn't be happier..just reflex control & much much more relaxed & confident..just saying...
    have the same problem with not having the flat feet. this is the main reason i dont have an F6B yet - but after looking further nto things could i not customize the stock seat by shaving down some of the foam where the seat is very wide thus making my feet being able to touch flat - let me know your thoughts o that please.

My Hero - short guy accolades

Quote Originally Posted by MSGT-R View Post
    First off, you don't need both feet flat on the ground! My philosophy is that you only "fall" in one given direction at any given time; so put that foot down and don't be worrying about the other. You should be coming to a stop with your right foot on the brake and your left foot to the deck..

Secondly, I'm probably the shortest person in this forum @ 5'1" and I can handle it just fine with my 26" inseam and a cut down Corbin seat. If I had to have both feet flat on the ground, I'd be riding a Rebel.

Do the skinny seat first before futzing with the suspension; it's cheaper and not as technical. If you lower the suspension, you will not be able to corner as deeply without scraping someting.
    I thought (I) was vertically challenged Your post gives my 29" inseam and 5'7" body new confidence.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

I started this thread 2 yrs ago. Since then F6b has been totaled. I wanted to get get back on F6b but decided to go with Indian chieftain due to seat height on F6b. I traded my chieftain for Street glide special and have enjoyed traveling across US this summer. I've put 11000 miles on SG in less than 3 months of owning it. Only thing I added to it is reverse kit by motor trike and I love it. I'm short and pushing back this 800+ lb bike is a major work out.

I've found perfect seat height for me to be on Victory cross country. Hated tht it had a very stiff clutch. Tried easy pull clutch and didn't like it. Rode for 6 months and traded tht for F6b.

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    I started this thread 2 yrs ago. Since then F6b has been totaled. I wanted to get get back on F6b but decided to go with Indian chieftain due to seat height on F6b. I traded my chieftain for Street glide special and have enjoyed traveling across US this summer. I've put 11000 miles on SG in less than 3 months of owning it. Only thing I added to it is reverse kit by motor trike and I love it. I'm short and pushing back this 800+ lb bike is a major work out.

I've found perfect seat height for me to be on Victory cross country. Hated tht it had a very stiff clutch. Tried easy pull clutch and didn't like it. Rode for 6 months and traded tht for F6b.
    Loving my F6B and the Mustang seat. However I have not found a bike that fits me better than my 99 Valk but I did have to make some modifications. 1999 Valk with 155000 on the clock.
    Attached Images Attached Images