Laid it down !!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laid it down !!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Laid it down !!!

I knew this was coming sooner or later. I was on an incline/slope and cud not reach my foot and had to lay it down gently. For a minute I thought it is going to damage the bike. But those bag shield really do their job. I'm short and this incident has me thinking whether I shud lower the bike.

If I lower it by 1" and get mustang seat which is another 1" lower I think I'll be in good shape. Or just try mustang first. With mustang I'm pretty sure I'll use airhawk (personally I like ultimate seat but I think I'll settle for mustang for it's lowering ability).

My questions are

1. If I lower the bike by 1", will it affect it's handling by any means ?
    2. Shud I use lowering kit or get Progressive monotubes lowers ? I heard those monotubes make a stiffer ride. I want to go with regular monotubes for a plush ride.

My other mod will be Kuryakyn risers.

I'm glad things worked out OK for you.
    It could have been worse.
    You should try the mustang seat before messing with the suspension.
    That's what I would do if it where me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericb445 View Post
    I'm glad things worked out OK for you.
    It could have been worse.
    You should try the mustang seat before messing with the suspension.
    That's what I would do if it where me.
    I'm definitely upgrading the fork suspension. I was looking at progressive monotubes but after reading several reviews I understand that it raises the bike. So that is out of picture. Next option I have is 1" lower monotubes, but I read that it stiffens the suspension. And I'm looking for plush ride.

So shud I just get progressive heavy duty fork spring ($89) or fork spring kit by traxxion ($129) ?

Also is it necessary to install All Balls Steering Bearings Kit for Goldwing ?

Will add superbrace too.

So I'm thinking of getting Mustang seat + either progressive spring or traxxion spring kit.

What do u guys think

Just try the Mustang seat first. It will probably save you some time and money and I think you will be pleased with the results.

image.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've known a few folks that have bought bikes that are simply too big and heavy for their size or abilities. They usually end up selling the big bikes and getting something smaller and end up much happier. Hope you get it all sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    I've known a few folks that have bought bikes that are simply too big and heavy for their size or abilities. They usually end up selling the big bikes and getting something smaller and end up much happier. Hope you get it all sorted out.
    U r right. I just sold Victory cross country. On that bike I was able to flat foot but It felt like big bike for me. I switched the handlebars on that from 2" first and then 3" pullbacks. Still felt like I was reaching for the handlebars. Even my riding buddies told me that it looks like I was working hard riding that bike. But I was really comfortable once at stop light cuz of how much lower the seat is on cross country.

Sitting on F6b my friends say that it looks natural and better than Victory. But now this time the seat height is 2" taller. So I'm going to try Progressive 1" lower and mustang seat with airhawk.

Once moving I do not feel that bike is any big for me. It is only when I'm stopped it feels like I'm on the mountain. Need to flat foot for better control and I'll be fine I think. I definitely feel this bike is for keeps with some modifications of course.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    What he said..growing up with 250's 450's, 750's 1200's in the 70's The royal star 1300 didn't gel with my brain stem muscle memory. I've down sized & couldn't be happier..just reflex control & much much more relaxed & confident..just saying...

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Everything begins with seating position. If you are happy with OEM,,,, You would be one of few.

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    I'm definitely upgrading the fork suspension. I was looking at progressive monotubes but after reading several reviews I understand that it raises the bike. So that is out of picture. Next option I have is 1" lower monotubes, but I read that it stiffens the suspension. And I'm looking for plush ride.

So shud I just get progressive heavy duty fork spring ($89) or fork spring kit by traxxion ($129) ?

Also is it necessary to install All Balls Steering Bearings Kit for Goldwing ?

Will add superbrace too.

So I'm thinking of getting Mustang seat + either progressive spring or traxxion spring kit.

What do u guys think

NOT TRUE!!! Progressive makes a 1" Lowering mono tube kit....same $$$ but lower. It improves the ride!! Nothing negative!!!!! And yes I do have them installed.... lowered the front by 1 1/4 ", along with the Mustang seat is all you need... Good luck!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Glad the bike wasn't damaged. Don't feel bad... this bike is a heavy beast when not rolling... I've been REAL close to plunking mine down in the driveway trying to get it turned around.

I for one encourage you to make the bike yours. At this point in time, there's no other bike on the market that even comes close to an F6. If all it takes is a seat and suspension, then that's a small price to pay.