Laid it down !!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Laid it down !!!

I hate to say this, and don't take it the wrong way, but you may be a good candidate for a Harley.

Harleys have the lowest seat height around, and are the most popular bike for shorter riders.

You'll never get back the $$$ you put into your F6, and you still may not be happy.

Maybe you've had one already, I don't know. But today, price and reliability are reasonable, and the sound system, paint, and GPS are second to none. Some now have water-cooled heads.

Just sayin'.

Another excellent bike you might want to look at is the Moto Guzzi California 1400. Everybody who rides one loves it.
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post

Another excellent bike you might want to look at is the Moto Guzzi California 1400. Everybody who rides one loves it.
    Great bike, but with a stock 29" seat height he'll be in the same or worse situation.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Glad you and the F6B are OK. I am glad you started this thread as I have been considering the F6B, and I have now heard the responses I need. I have a 2004 Rune that I love but it is not practical for me now. Ride height is great for me. I am having a difficult time of selling it but I think it is the right move.

I have a 29" inseam, can reach the ground on the F6B but not quite as flat footed as I have become accustomed to. I may have to change the seat to the Mustang, we'll see!

As other have said, I would start with the Mustang seat, since you are getting it anyway and see how that works. You can always add changes after that and you may feel that you do not need them.....

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot04NRX View Post
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Glad you and the F6B are OK. I am glad you started this thread as I have been considering the F6B, and I have now heard the responses I need. I have a 2004 Rune that I love but it is not practical for me now. Ride height is great for me. I am having a difficult time of selling it but I think it is the right move.

I have a 29" inseam, can reach the ground on the F6B but not quite as flat footed as I have become accustomed to. I may have to change the seat to the Mustang, we'll see!

As other have said, I would start with the Mustang seat, since you are getting it anyway and see how that works. You can always add changes after that and you may feel that you do not need them.....

Good luck with whatever you decide!
    I think it would have to be a matter of life and death for me to part with a Rune.

I guess I'm just too fat, because at 5'8" tall and a 30" inseam, I have no problems with the F6B seat height. Yeah,my feet are not solidly flat footing all the time, but I'm pretty stout with very strong lower and upper body. This F6B feels like a toy compared to manipulating my Valk around which is loaded down with Woody's fairing. saddlebags, chrome rails around the saddlebags. Then I can pretty easily lift either one as well. Hope not to have to with the F6B, but have had a couple of such occurrences with the Valk. One was on an incline,steep dead end road, while trying to turn around ,the gravel let my right foot slide and over I went. The other happened 3 years ago when a dumbass pulled out in front of me and I had to put her in a slide to avoid a t-bone incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I guess I'm just too fat, because at 5'8" tall and a 30" inseam, I have no problems with the F6B seat height.
    I believe the OP is 5'-4" so his inseam is probably less than 30". Like you, I have a 30" inseam and was almost flat footed with the stock seat and am totally flat footed with the 1" lower Mustang seat. Once the bike is rolling none of it matters anymore, but it sure is nice to have the stability of being able to put my feet down all the way at stops and it sure helps when maneuvering the bike in gravel parking lots. I've never owned a bike that I couldn't flat foot so can't relate to the folks that ride on tippy toes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcabdaddy View Post
    I think it would have to be a matter of life and death for me to part with a Rune.
    Yep, that's kinda how I feel but between the last rear brake service 8437, 2010 and now, I have only put on 800 miles. Kinda sucks always riding by myself. Looks great in the garage though. Its an expensive sculpture.

Oops, sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread Wantone!

Hey,shouldn't you change your name from Wantone to Gotone?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    just send me a PM if you want your board name changed to gotone

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.