'twas the night before......
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'twas the night before......

'twas the night before......

Kudos to all of you that enjoyed the rally back east, that wasn't an option for me with my work schedule. Now it's the night before my wife and I head out for 7 days of riding and adventure.

Leaving Phoenix bright and early before it gets stupid hot, heading to Zion National Park Utah. Then up to Bryce Canyon day two, Arches National park and Moab day three. Saturday morning we roll into Telluride Colodaro. Sunday ride past Durange to Bayfiled CO and lake Vallacito then back to Telluride. Chill in Telluride Monday then ride back to Phoenix via Farmingotn NM and Flagstaff. I'm guessing it will be about 2,000 or so miles of fun, adventure and incredible scenery.

I thought of all the fun you were having riding to and at the rally. As you head off to your next few days you can think of me and my wife tearing up the wild west! Will post a few select pics when we return.

JB

Quote Originally Posted by JBnAZ View Post
    Kudos to all of you that enjoyed the rally back east, that wasn't an option for me with my work schedule. Now it's the night before my wife and I head out for 7 days of riding and adventure.

Leaving Phoenix bright and early before it gets stupid hot, heading to Zion National Park Utah. Then up to Bryce Canyon day two, Arches National park and Moab day three. Saturday morning we roll into Telluride Colodaro. Sunday ride past Durange to Bayfiled CO and lake Vallacito then back to Telluride. Chill in Telluride Monday then ride back to Phoenix via Farmingotn NM and Flagstaff. I'm guessing it will be about 2,000 or so miles of fun, adventure and incredible scenery.

I thought of all the fun you were having riding to and at the rally. As you head off to your next few days you can think of me and my wife tearing up the wild west! Will post a few select pics when we return.

JB
    I hope you thoroughly enjoy your trip!

Sounds awesome. Enjoy!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Telluride

While in Telluride, I recommend having a meal at Brown Dog Pizza, homemade ice cream from the mexican place across the street, and a beer from Smugglers Brewery. Enjoy!

Ride safe and Post pics.

John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

NOOOOOOOOOO!

BYPASS FARMINGTON!!!!! It is a slow ride through town, lots of traffic and it will still be pretty warm. You can bypass on another road, I do not recall it off the top of my head but check your map. I suppose you could be going there for a reason but if you're just passing through on the way home, GO AROUND! I made that mistake ONE time and never again.
    Have fun on your trip, I have been where you are going and it's a nice ride, you will enjoy it!

Try to avoid the heat when you can and have a fun and safe trip.

Tis the day after.........

The day after 6 days of riding across the beautiful southwest. 5 days of riding, 1900 miles, 1 day of hiking in Telluride CO and now back to reality. We did miss the 100 year flood that hit Arizona this past Monday. I created an album in the gallery.

The 6B ran great, although with it fully loaded for the trip my mileage varied greatly depending on terrain and speed. Low in the mid to upper 30s high near 50 mpg. I included a pic or two of the bike fully loaded.

We traveled across many beautiful back roads. In Utah routes 12 and 24 were amazing. We rode about half the million dollar highway from Tellruride to Durango and onto Bayfiled CO, simply beautiful.

The single longest mileage day was yesterday, our last day, we clocked around 520 miles. When it was not too windy we clipped along between 80 - 85 which was a great highway cruising speed.

This was an epic trip for my wife and me and the 6B performed wonderfully we did get allot of comments and looks from fellow riders and other motorists. The one that stood out was an older gent that said "man that looks like a rocket ship". My response? "it is a rocket ship".

JB

Sounds like you had a blast! Pics look great too!

JB
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

GREAT PICS in the gallery!

JB,
    Looks like y'all had a great time. This is truly what we are about. Getting out and enjoying it all with our loved ones. Good on you!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce