2013, 2014 or 2015 F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2013, 2014 or 2015 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I was at a bike swap meet and sale yesterday just looking around..Stopped at a trike display and ended up talking with the owner..His info, right or wrong, or just speculation, is that the GW and F6B are going to be completely updated for 2016...New and larger motor, new adjustable suspensions, adjustable electric windshield, upgraded instruments, etc. etc,...Said it was time Honda moved forward as the new BMW as taken the top spot away from Honda's touring bikes???...No opinion one way another, just what I was told by him.....
    I'll bet they go bigger than the Triumph, the capacity of the Rocket III Roadster is a huge 2,294cc.
    Is there any truth to the rumors that the color will be limited to the faster Black?

.New and larger motor, new adjustable suspensions, adjustable electric windshield, upgraded instruments, etc. etc,..
    I'll say no thank you to all those rumoured upgrades. 1832cc tried and true engine is just fine with me. An upgraded engine will likely have drive-by-wire. Until that's all worked out (software, over-sensitive throttle response, drive train snatch) I would be very skittish. If this is for the GL1800 boys, more power to them (pun intended). To me, it just means more complexity, cost, and weight. Likely a DCT trans will be in the mix. Again, no thank you.

The only upgrade that would pique my interest would be all LED lighting.

It may be hard to get a 2015. I spoke with the owner of a huge regional Honda dealer specializing in Gold Wings today. He said he still has 18 2013s and has never ordered a 2014 and won't until he sells the '13s. He said he doesn't believe any of the 2015s have been imported into this country.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I'd let Momma Honda soak up the depreciation and get a 13,,,

I was at a bike swap meet and sale yesterday just looking around..Stopped at a trike display and ended up talking with the owner..His info, right or wrong, or just speculation, is that the GW and F6B are going to be completely updated for 2016...New and larger motor, new adjustable suspensions, adjustable electric windshield, upgraded instruments, etc. etc,...Said it was time Honda moved forward as the new BMW as taken the top spot away from Honda's touring bikes???...No opinion one way another, just what I was told by him.....
    If these speculations turn out to be true I'll welcome 2016 with open arms. I really like this f6 and enjoy the endless power. But just my 2cents for this bike being Hondas flagship it sure is behind the times on technology

These rumors are heard every year, eventually they will turn out to be true. Like they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Drive-by-wire would be a nice addition... this technology has been mainstream for, what, 15 years?

I think DBW would make it easier to fix niggling issues like twitchy throttle response and the cold stumble.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post

I think DBW would make it easier to fix niggling issues like twitchy throttle response and the cold stumble.
    Tell that to Yamaha with their history of drivability trouble with the Super Tenere and the FZ-09.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMike View Post
    It may be hard to get a 2015. I spoke with the owner of a huge regional Honda dealer specializing in Gold Wings today. He said he still has 18 2013s and has never ordered a 2014 and won't until he sells the '13s. He said he doesn't believe any of the 2015s have been imported into this country.
    Hey SCMike,

Which dealer are you referring to? I'm still in the market for an F6B. Thanks!

.Stopped at a trike display and ended up talking with the owner..His info, right or wrong, or just speculation, is that the GW and F6B are going to be completely updated for 2016...New and larger motor, new adjustable suspensions, adjustable electric windshield, upgraded instruments, etc. etc,...Said it was time Honda moved forward as the new BMW as taken the top spot away from Honda's touring bikes???...
    The GW is first and foremost a touring bike, therefore MPG is important. 1800cc is already big motor, and it delivers good power way down low where you need it, plus the flat layout keeps the weight low. I could see Honda tweaking it, maybe DOHC, maybe turbo? The GW is Honda's bread and butter, and they will squeeze every dime of profit out of it as long as they can.

As far as the other options, I'm sure Honda has got 'em in the works, but they won't bring 'em out until they absolutely have to. Plus they have to hit a price point. People don't wanna pay $26K for a Honda like they would for a BMW. It would be really nice to allow previous owners to upgrade to any new features offered on new models. Are you listening, Honda?

Interestingly, a lot of the options you speak of are on the ST1300, which is an excellent bike, now discontinued.
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.