2015 F6B

Thread: 2015 F6B

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    bull crap...if they were listening then there would be a retrofit kit too
    lets face it
    the only reason honda fixed this is because the 2014 are still sitting in the ware house unsold...they are a for profit company
    its there fault period if this bike flops

I believe I posted " They are listening"........ I never posted they would DO anything about what they heard........
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I believe I posted " They are listening"........ I never posted they would DO anything about what they heard........
    point made....still a little upset though...
    i really love this bike but it could have been so much more...
    maybe 2015 will fix it,but honda has a habit of dropping bad selling lines...
    even if they are the ones that screwed the pooch

Joe, if you're THAT upset, the OEM cruise can be retrofitted it just may not be easy.

The easier and cheaper solution will probably be a Rostra kit wired into the OEM cruise buttons. Now where's that dang easy button??

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Joe, if you're THAT upset, the OEM cruise can be retrofitted it just may not be easy.

The easier and cheaper solution will probably be a Rostra kit wired into the OEM cruise buttons. Now where's that dang easy button??
    i guess the reason i'm am upset so much is foolish
    i really love this bike...would buy it again hands down no question
    but just frustrated..i'd buy a 2015 in a minute if it my bike now wasn't devalued so badly
    and yes...i will add cruise and get a factory switch
    but it still just irks me

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    i guess the reason i'm am upset so much is foolish
    i really love this bike...would buy it again hands down no question
    but just frustrated..i'd buy a 2015 in a minute if it my bike now wasn't devalued so badly
    and yes...i will add cruise and get a factory switch
    but it still just irks me
    But Joe, you bought it without cruise control. It's inevitable there will be newer versions come out with different features. It's almost like someone with a '57 Bel Air being p*ssed about not having power steering because the '67 did. (OK, an extreme, absurd example.) I get a certain amount of chagrin. Like had I really really wanted blue when I bought, I'd be a little upset that it's one of the colors Honda chose for 2015. But ultimately, I bought what I bought. For me, I don't care about cruise, but had the 2015 come out with a 21st century display -- yeah, I'd have muttered under my breath. Wouldn't expect Honda to retrofit my decidely 1990s display.

As far as being upside down -- yeah, I knew that before I signed the papers. That's why I haven't bought a new car in 30 years and never have bought a new motorcycle before. I keep telling myself one of these days I'm going to buy vintage because I appreciate vintage cars and bikes. Plus, there would be a chance that they'd appreciate in value. (Get it?) But then the little element of procuring the money comes in and my credit union just doesn't understand why I'd want to pay as much for a forty year old motorcycle as what I can get a shiny new one for.

Here's the new 2015 Honda VFR800X. Now this should really make you feel like you got screwed...

"...Features include Honda’s Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) system, ABS, LED lights, self-cancelling indicators and heated grips as standard."

“The Crossrunner is a true VFR – a motorcycle designed for hard riding fun, but with style, comfort and practicality. Accordingly, the seat is now adjustable, offering two height options, and 5-stage heated grips and Honda’s self-cancelling indicators are both fitted as standard. New, full LED lighting adds a distinct presence and premium finishing touch.”

“The rider now also benefits from the same kind of torque control system fitted to the Crosstourer. HSTC (Honda Selectable Torque Control) offers two levels of control (plus off) to sense imminent loss of rear wheel traction, and seamlessly reduce torque to allow the tyre to grip."

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/ne...10crossrunner/
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.