Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
i guess the reason i'm am upset so much is foolish
i really love this bike...would buy it again hands down no question
but just frustrated..i'd buy a 2015 in a minute if it my bike now wasn't devalued so badly
and yes...i will add cruise and get a factory switch
but it still just irks me
But Joe, you bought it without cruise control. It's inevitable there will be newer versions come out with different features. It's almost like someone with a '57 Bel Air being p*ssed about not having power steering because the '67 did. (OK, an extreme, absurd example.) I get a certain amount of chagrin. Like had I really really wanted blue when I bought, I'd be a little upset that it's one of the colors Honda chose for 2015. But ultimately, I bought what I bought. For me, I don't care about cruise, but had the 2015 come out with a 21st century display -- yeah, I'd have muttered under my breath. Wouldn't expect Honda to retrofit my decidely 1990s display.

As far as being upside down -- yeah, I knew that before I signed the papers. That's why I haven't bought a new car in 30 years and never have bought a new motorcycle before. I keep telling myself one of these days I'm going to buy vintage because I appreciate vintage cars and bikes. Plus, there would be a chance that they'd appreciate in value. (Get it?) But then the little element of procuring the money comes in and my credit union just doesn't understand why I'd want to pay as much for a forty year old motorcycle as what I can get a shiny new one for.