2015 F6B - Page 10
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2015 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    I'll buy a brand new Blue 15 Deluxe,,,,,

Just after the 2017's hit the floor,,,,
    Yeah and the 2017s will have 24 variable valves pushing 150 plus hp and 50 mpg

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    so after getting all excited i called my local stealer
    told him put me on the list for a silver deluxe
    oh btw i want to trade in my 2013....
    pause on the phone....
    the best i can do is about 9k...
    i"solice still in shock
    so...i guess a mc cruise is in my future and i guess this will be my last goldwing..
    how can it loose 10k in 2 years??
    i do take solice in the fact its a good bike,but 10???
    holy shit
    I only paid $15500 for mine, but am not naive enough to think I'd get a fair shake with a trade in . If I got to have it, and I never thought I would, but it will be the -------- or Rostra for me.

Maybe it is a bad thing to buy a first year production model as the prices fluctuate greatly after that. It may be that this bike will retail for $15-16,000.00 new in the future. Can't hardly give my bike away so I'm going to have to keep it for at least another year.

Quote Originally Posted by CheckpointChcky View Post
    Maybe it is a bad thing to buy a first year production model as the prices fluctuate greatly after that. It may be that this bike will retail for $15-16,000.00 new in the future. Can't hardly give my bike away so I'm going to have to keep it for at least another year.
    Prices on the new 2015s will keep going up while prices of used ones will continue to go down. That's just how it works. Bikes depreciate in value. Most vehicles lose 30% of their value as soon as you ride/drive off the dealers lot.

A lot of folks paid less for a new leftover 2013 than what you're asking for your used one which is why you're having trouble selling it. You"ll never get all your money back on accesories. You're better off taking them off the bike and selling them separately and you'll get about 50% of your money back that you spent on them. Then, drop the price of your bike at least $1000 - $2000 below what the leftover 13s sold for and you'll have a better chance of selling it. You're still competing with the new leftover 13s that the dealers have and pretty soon the 14s will be getting heavily disounted too.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    so after getting all excited i called my local stealer
    told him put me on the list for a silver deluxe
    oh btw i want to trade in my 2013....
    pause on the phone....
    the best i can do is about 9k...
    i"solice still in shock
    so...i guess a mc cruise is in my future and i guess this will be my last goldwing..
    how can it loose 10k in 2 years??
    i do take solice in the fact its a good bike,but 10???
    holy shit
    Since you didn't say whether you had a deluxe model or not I checked both models on KBB.com. The dealers I have talked to about trading my current bike have all used KBB to value trades. So, the base F6B trade-in on KBB is $11,075 and the deluxe is $11,850. They are way low on their offer. You might want to try another stealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkster1520 View Post
    Since you didn't say whether you had a deluxe model or not I checked both models on KBB.com. The dealers I have talked to about trading my current bike have all used KBB to value trades. So, the base F6B trade-in on KBB is $11,075 and the deluxe is $11,850. They are way low on their offer. You might want to try another stealer.
    Snow is predicted in Denver Friday. In climates such as ours, seasonality greatly impacts pricing -- especially for smaller dealers who can't afford a lot of dead inventory over the winter months. Since the 2015 models are still a few months out -- closer to spring, the story might be somewhat different at that juncture.

Quote Originally Posted by Injun Joe View Post
    Snow is predicted in Denver Friday. In climates such as ours, seasonality greatly impacts pricing -- especially for smaller dealers who can't afford a lot of dead inventory over the winter months. Since the 2015 models are still a few months out -- closer to spring, the story might be somewhat different at that juncture.
    Yeah I agree that the season definitely impacts pricing. Mine trade-in price for my BMW dropped $700 just in the last 2-3 weeks. Smokinjoe187 is in CA so I would think the weather wouldn't be as much of a factor where he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkster1520 View Post
    Yeah I agree that the season definitely impacts pricing. Mine trade-in price for my BMW dropped $700 just in the last 2-3 weeks. Smokinjoe187 is in CA so I would think the weather wouldn't be as much of a factor where he is.
    its not a factor,they offered to put it on consignment but i have done this before,with new 2013s still for sale at 13 k why would any one buy it??
    anyways,we all new this going in and yes i checked kelly blue book and i have a deLuxe
    i am going with a mc cruise and an oem 2015 throttle housing...
    and keep my money in the bank..lets see if this is really a 300 k bike

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Sometimes, taking a bike back to where you bought it as a trade in has it's benefits. The Dealer can pull up how much he made on you the first time, and kind of 'take that into account' during the deal on the new one.

If you take it elsewhere, it's just another used bike.

In my case, Cruise is a non-issue. I have cruise in my RAM and even after trailering to Franklin and back,,, 2000 mile's,,,, it proved to be more of a PITA than a help,,, I guess it would be OK if you were slow as mud, but I'm at/above the speed limit and there's just too much traffic to REALLY use cruise for any extended amount of time,,,

AH HA!!!! Now I get it!!!

I bet all you guys who are about cruise are the same the ones that poke along doin 50 in a 70, bitchin that all the cars that are passin ya are all driving like madmen!!!

The Canadian specs for the '15 F6B are now up on the Honda Canada website.

Again, we do not have base and deluxe models, only one model.

Yes, cruise has been added as standard equipment on our only model.
    And yes, ABS is still standard on our only model. Our colour choices are the same as in the US. Price is also TBD later.

The bummer is still if we want all those accessories that come on the US Deluxe version, we have to pay the outrageous Canadian accessory prices, or cross border shop.