2015 F6B - Page 13
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2015 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    i guess the reason i'm am upset so much is foolish
    i really love this bike...would buy it again hands down no question
    but just frustrated..i'd buy a 2015 in a minute if it my bike now wasn't devalued so badly
    and yes...i will add cruise and get a factory switch
    but it still just irks me
    But Joe, you bought it without cruise control. It's inevitable there will be newer versions come out with different features. It's almost like someone with a '57 Bel Air being p*ssed about not having power steering because the '67 did. (OK, an extreme, absurd example.) I get a certain amount of chagrin. Like had I really really wanted blue when I bought, I'd be a little upset that it's one of the colors Honda chose for 2015. But ultimately, I bought what I bought. For me, I don't care about cruise, but had the 2015 come out with a 21st century display -- yeah, I'd have muttered under my breath. Wouldn't expect Honda to retrofit my decidely 1990s display.

As far as being upside down -- yeah, I knew that before I signed the papers. That's why I haven't bought a new car in 30 years and never have bought a new motorcycle before. I keep telling myself one of these days I'm going to buy vintage because I appreciate vintage cars and bikes. Plus, there would be a chance that they'd appreciate in value. (Get it?) But then the little element of procuring the money comes in and my credit union just doesn't understand why I'd want to pay as much for a forty year old motorcycle as what I can get a shiny new one for.

Here's the new 2015 Honda VFR800X. Now this should really make you feel like you got screwed...

"...Features include Honda’s Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) system, ABS, LED lights, self-cancelling indicators and heated grips as standard."

“The Crossrunner is a true VFR – a motorcycle designed for hard riding fun, but with style, comfort and practicality. Accordingly, the seat is now adjustable, offering two height options, and 5-stage heated grips and Honda’s self-cancelling indicators are both fitted as standard. New, full LED lighting adds a distinct presence and premium finishing touch.”

“The rider now also benefits from the same kind of torque control system fitted to the Crosstourer. HSTC (Honda Selectable Torque Control) offers two levels of control (plus off) to sense imminent loss of rear wheel traction, and seamlessly reduce torque to allow the tyre to grip."

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/ne...10crossrunner/
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Interesting thought . Of course, it wouldn't have to be supercharged to make a measly 150 hp. With today's technology, a 1.8L can produce that and more without doing anything remotely exotic. The interesting question, to me, is how many would be interested in a "SuperSix", that is, an F6B that has real performance upgrades in hp, suspension, and braking. I know I would and I would pay considerably more to get it. How many others would ?
    I would!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Interesting thought . Of course, it wouldn't have to be supercharged to make a measly 150 hp. With today's technology, a 1.8L can produce that and more without doing anything remotely exotic. The interesting question, to me, is how many would be interested in a "SuperSix", that is, an F6B that has real performance upgrades in hp, suspension, and braking. I know I would and I would pay considerably more to get it. How many others would ?
    Oh, I know , I was being conservative. With a blower and 24 valves we should be seeing numbers above 200 hp. 150 should be easy with just 4 valves per cylinder etc...

Heck yeah, I'd be in for it. But in my opinion, if and when we see a next generation GL series, technological advances in the engine design should trump an increase in engine displacement. 4 valves with adjustable timing would seem to be not that tall of an order these days. Especially from Honda who has implemented such technology already.

But ,, a supercharged version would be ....AWESOME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    4 valves with adjustable timing would seem to be not that tall of an order these days. Especially from Honda who has implemented such technology already
    The reason Honda never went to 4 valve technology right off the hop with the 1800 was due to space restrictions. A 4 valve head would have been much wider, either interfering with cornering clearance or necessitating raising the engine higher in the frame. A higher engine's centre of gravity would not be what we would want in a Goldwing.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    The reason Honda never went to 4 valve technology right off the hop with the 1800 was due to space restrictions. A 4 valve head would have been much wider, either interfering with cornering clearance or necessitating raising the engine higher in the frame. A higher engine's centre of gravity would not be what we would want in a Goldwing.
    I understand what your saying, but still think it's doable without affecting either of the things you mentioned. Cornering clearance? I don't think it would be that wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Cornering clearance? I don't think it would be that wide.
    I agree.

In looking at the cylinder heads of my F6B, even widening the head by another 2" to accommodate another set of valves and even another cam (DOHC), there would be plenty of cornering clearance.

I know there is a reason somewhere why Honda didn't initially go to a 4 valve head or DOHC design.
    I think the 2 valve head gives better breathing (and torque) at low rpm, as torque is what the typical old man driving the GL1800 A series wants. That's the reason that most American V8 engines are still 2 valve pushrod design. Great flat torque curves trump high revving peak horsepower power plants every time for the typical North American consumer.

You young racers wanting more HP from your F6B? Don't look to Honda to give you 150 HP any time soon. You'll see a DCT trans before you'll ever see 150 HP IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Yeah, it's standard all right, but only on the Deluxe package. Another very misleading advertising trick.
    They fixed the description for the base F6B on the Honda website. Cruise control is now listed as standard on the base version. For some reason they still list cruise as something the deluxe version "adds". Regardless, since they took the effort to change the base model description, I think it is pretty safe to say the cruise control really is standard equipment. http://powersports.honda.com/cruiser...b/options.aspx

Now I'm just waiting to see how much the MSRP changes from 2014 to 2015. I just know I'm going to end up blowing loads of cash on the 2015 F6B to get the cruise, the color I like, and the black exhaust. Even though, if thinking logically, I'd probably save a lot of money by just getting a leftover, adding cruise, and painting it.

I wouldn't compromise your interests if at all possible..If you really want the 2015 with what it offers, pay the price and go for it!!!..You will be happier in the long run buying what you really want and will not be trying to rationalize in your mind why you bought the bike that you really didn't want.....Good luck

2015 F6B

Does anyone know if the 2015s have hit any dealers or when they will?