2015 F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 F6B

I test rode a Valkyrie (2014) yesterday for shits. I suspect the advertised "meaner" exhaust note from this F6 will most likely be similar to, if not the same as the 6 into 6 pipes on the Valk. Slightly cooler exhaust note than my 2013 F6 stocks, but probably not as good as aftermarket if you're really wanting mean.

BTW, the Valk test run was fun. Fast bike! Felt much less bulky than the F6, but WOW life sucks at 50+ mph without wind protection! Pretty bike (despite the funky radiator shoulders) but not really functional for me.

I love the grey/black paint scheme. Also that they are adding cruise control. Not a got to have item, but I have that currently on my R1200RT and it is nice. In reference to the $23,999 price, that is for the base Goldwing I believe. There was no price listed for the F6B.

On another note, I wonder if the F6B comes out in October as well, what are all these Honda dealers going to do with the 2013 & 2014 F6B's they still have in stock? I have emailed back and forth with a few of them and they don't want to budge much on price. I talked to one in North Carolina about taking my R1200RT as a trade. They quoted me the KBB trade in price for my bike. When I looked up the KBB retail price from a dealer for a 2013 F6B, it came to $16,325. When I told them about that, they still wouldn't come down from their $18,096. Of course they had it advertised on Cycle Trader for $16,999, but that was before the $800+ for shipping and prep and $199 document processing fees. I mentioned about it being a model year old and they stuck by it saying it was still a new bike because it has never been owned. While true, when you go to sell it at some point in the future, whoever buys it is not going to care when it was purchased, they will only look at the model year. Sorry for the rant, but dealers bug the S**t out of me.

Also, I bet there will be a lot of 2013 and 2014 used models for sale from owners wanting the cruise control. I wonder if dealers will be able to retro fit the older models. I might just have to wait for the 2015 model now before I get one.

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    I'm lil sad !!! I just bought my 2013 F6B 2 weeks ago. I really wanted that cruise and reverse. ANyways its is $7000 more than what I Paid. I guess it will cost me around $1500 to put the -------- and I'll be happy.
    Didn't you anticipate that with getting a deal on a '13? I knew the '15s had to be right around the corner. I'm kind of relieved that for me, they really haven't made any changes that cause me big time regret. If anything, I still wonder if I should have gotten a Deluxe instead of a Standard though. But I'd still save the bucks and go with the '13 of either.

Glad to see Honda listening to their customers by adding cruise and blacking out the exhaust. New blue looks great too and hopefully, the paint issue will be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkster1520 View Post
    I love the grey/black paint scheme. Also that they are adding cruise control. Not a got to have item, but I have that currently on my R1200RT and it is nice. In reference to the $23,999 price, that is for the base Goldwing I believe. There was no price listed for the F6B.

On another note, I wonder if the F6B comes out in October as well, what are all these Honda dealers going to do with the 2013 & 2014 F6B's they still have in stock? I have emailed back and forth with a few of them and they don't want to budge much on price. I talked to one in North Carolina about taking my R1200RT as a trade. They quoted me the KBB trade in price for my bike. When I looked up the KBB retail price from a dealer for a 2013 F6B, it came to $16,325. When I told them about that, they still wouldn't come down from their $18,096. Of course they had it advertised on Cycle Trader for $16,999, but that was before the $800+ for shipping and prep and $199 document processing fees. I mentioned about it being a model year old and they stuck by it saying it was still a new bike because it has never been owned. While true, when you go to sell it at some point in the future, whoever buys it is not going to care when it was purchased, they will only look at the model year. Sorry for the rant, but dealers bug the S**t out of me.

Also, I bet there will be a lot of 2013 and 2014 used models for sale from owners wanting the cruise control. I wonder if dealers will be able to retro fit the older models. I might just have to wait for the 2015 model now before I get one.
    Sounds like you really should ought to wait. Personally, I was happy to get the price break I did on the '13. In my part of the country if you wanted a decent price on a trade-in, it would be best to wait until spring. Dealers don't want to winter over with a bunch of used inventory. I'm finding it hard to get interest on my old bike via craigslist because motorcycle season here is drawing to a close.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcabdaddy View Post
    Sounds like you really should ought to wait. Personally, I was happy to get the price break I did on the '13. In my part of the country if you wanted a decent price on a trade-in, it would be best to wait until spring. Dealers don't want to winter over with a bunch of used inventory. I'm finding it hard to get interest on my old bike via craigslist because motorcycle season here is drawing to a close.
    Yeah, I am trying to sell my R1200RT now. Not having much luck yet. I have it listed on here, 4 other sport touring forums, Craigslist and Cycle Trader. If I don't sell it soon, I'll just wait until spring and see what 2015 F6B's are around. Also, the dealers don't seem to want to deal too much on the 2013's I've checked on. Now they are going to have new bikes in their show room that are 2 model years old. They better drop the prices more or they aren't going to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    Glad to see Honda listening to their customers by adding cruise and blacking out the exhaust. New blue looks great too and hopefully, the paint issue will be resolved.

I do like that blue too! It's going to be a tough choice if I want to get a 2015 F6B.

All I can say is WOW. Finally, right? I don't need reverse, I know how to park facing uphill. But the cruise would be really nice, especially after my latest trip. The black exhaust looks great that's why I painted mine black LOL.

The one that has my eyes popping is the red/black full wing. The more long trips I take on my F6 the more I think a full wing would be awesome. But I will be keeping my 6 for a while. I'm still upside down on it anyway.

Attachment 8227

I think I need / WANT a set of the black pipes ....
    Hmmmm? Trade In or hit the parts counter?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkster1520 View Post

I paid $15651 for my 13 standard in July. Out the door for $17500 that included tax and license/registration. Plus I got the $1000 accessories. I just knew that if the F6B was to continue and be successful, Honda would have to add the cruise to it.